cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcia1
Level 1

deposit towards invoice made incorrectly

I applied a payment to an invoice but was $.30 less than the invoice.  How do I reconcile that or void or edit that?

Solved
Best answer February 08, 2019

Best Answers
AldrinS
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, marcia1.

Thanks for bringing your question to the Community. It's my priority that you'll be able to correct this and ensure that your reconciliation will be accurate.

To clarify, where did the deposit that you applied come from? If it was manually entered, you can look for it in the register and edit it to correct the amount. Here's how you can do it:

1. From the Lists menu, choose Chart of Accounts.
  2. Look for the bank account and double-click it to open the register.
  3. Find the deposit and double-click it.
  4. Make the necessary changes, then click Save & Close.

Once you've corrected the amount, you should be able to do the reconciliation without any problems.

However, please be sure to reach out to an accounting consultant to ensure this method is the best suit for your business. With Intuit's Find-A-ProAdvisor site, you can search for certified professionals in proximity to your ZIP code that can discuss options more personal to your business's needs.

That should get you going in the right direction. Keep in touch if there's anything else I can help you with. Thanks for reaching out, wishing you and your business all the best!

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
AldrinS
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, marcia1.

Thanks for bringing your question to the Community. It's my priority that you'll be able to correct this and ensure that your reconciliation will be accurate.

To clarify, where did the deposit that you applied come from? If it was manually entered, you can look for it in the register and edit it to correct the amount. Here's how you can do it:

1. From the Lists menu, choose Chart of Accounts.
  2. Look for the bank account and double-click it to open the register.
  3. Find the deposit and double-click it.
  4. Make the necessary changes, then click Save & Close.

Once you've corrected the amount, you should be able to do the reconciliation without any problems.

However, please be sure to reach out to an accounting consultant to ensure this method is the best suit for your business. With Intuit's Find-A-ProAdvisor site, you can search for certified professionals in proximity to your ZIP code that can discuss options more personal to your business's needs.

That should get you going in the right direction. Keep in touch if there's anything else I can help you with. Thanks for reaching out, wishing you and your business all the best!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us