cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobbi2
Level 1

QB Enterprise & Point of Sale Help!

We have been using Enterprise and decided to add POS -my question is can we do invoicing on both Enterprise and POS?? 

10 Comments 10
Charies_M

Hello there, Bobbi2.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Let me share some information about invoicing in QuickBooks Point of Sale.

In QuickBooks Point of Sale, there isn't a way to create an invoice directly. Instead, you enter a sales receipt and then select Account as the payment type. This will create an invoice in QuickBooks after the next financial exchange.

To know more about the activities done between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Point of Sale, feel free to check out this article: Financial Exchange Overview.

If there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to leave a comment below. I'd be happy to help.

Revscott
Level 4

The short answer is no.

When POS is joined to the QuickBooks accounting, POS takes over the inventory.

It posts its sales to the accounting software.

If you generate sales of items on the accounting side, POS will not see them. This will throw off your inventory qty, amounts, costs.....

You have to do the sales through POS and use the payment method of Charge on Account. That will create an invoice in QB.

They can receive the A/R payments on the QB side, because the POS and QB exchange A/R account balances on the customers.

JordanYBC
Level 2

so I use both enterprise and POS. How do you keep the invoice numbers and sales receipt numbers matching? them being different causes so many problems for me! I waste way to much time figuring out this receipt number is this invoice number and i have to sync and resend and worry about the customer paying it twice. 

JordanYBC
Level 2

is there a way to keep the invoices and receipts matching numbers?

LollyNino_C
QuickBooks Team

I really appreciate you for taking the time to post your concern here in the Community, @JordanYBC

I'll share the steps on how to match scan receipts. You can manually add the receipt from the transaction.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Transactions tab. 
  2. Select the transaction you want to add the receipt to open.
  3. Under the Receipt section, tap the browse link.
  4. Click Save.

In addition, here's an article you can read to learn more about managing your downloaded transactions and uploaded receipts: 

I also added our help articles where you can learn more about banking, account management, and many others. You can select each to view them. 

If there's anything else that I can help you with, please let me know in the comment section down below. I'll always be around ready to help. Take care!

JordanYBC
Level 2

that is on the opposite end of what i'm asking for help on. attached is a statement that i use to send to my customer. POS generates a receipt # (example 269946) which then enterprise changes it to invoice 837549. i want those two numbers to match so that when i send an invoice or receipt its the same reference number to avoid all the confusion and double payments we get. 

[removed]

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

I appreciate you for getting back, Jordan.

I'm stepping into the thread to share with you some insights about how transaction numbers work in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) Enterprise and Point of Sale (POS).

QBDT Enterprise follows a number sequence for invoices. Thus, when integrating your transactions into QuickBooks, the number will be changed or won't match your POS receipts. For the time being, you can manually update the numbers showing up on your invoices to match them to your POS entries. 

Here's how:

1. Open the invoice in your QBDT Enterprise file.
  2. Change the invoice number to match your POS receipt.
  3. Click on the Save and Close button to record the changes.
  4. Do the same steps for other invoices.

You can check out this link to learn more about invoices and other AR entries: Get started with customer transaction workflows in QuickBooks Desktop.

Moreover, you can get more tips about sharing information between these two programs from this article: Financial Exchange Overview.

If you have any other questions about your invoices and receipts, let me know by adding a comment below. I'm always here to help. Keep safe!

JordanYBC
Level 2

i most certainly cannot do this manually with each transaction... They fact that these 2 programs can't communcate on an inventory level is crazy and creates many issues for a retail wholesale business such as mine...it creates a number...keep that number for the transaction all the way through....i can't be the only one that is frustrated with this process. 

ehenslee
Level 1

We just switched to QB POS and are using QB Enterprise for accounting.  We want to make sales orders then choose several sales orders to convert to one invoice.  The customer makes an order daily but wants to be billed at the end of the month on just one invoice.  Is there anyway we can use sales orders and combine and convert them to 1 invoice.  

Rubielyn_J
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining this thread, @ehenslee.

In QuickBooks Desktop, you can make sales orders then convert several of them to one invoice.

To proceed, enter sales orders in your company file. Let me show you how:

1. Go to the Customers menu at the top menu.
  2. Select the Create Sales Orders tab.
  3. Enter the necessary information in the transaction.
  4. Lastly, click Save and close.

Once done, let's create invoices from the sales order you created. 

1. Click the Customers menu.
  2. Choose the Create Invoices tab.
  3. Select the name of the customer.
  4. Put a checkmark next to the sales order you want to be converted to an invoice.

5. Select the Create invoice for selected items option, then choose OK.

6. Once done, click Save and close.

For more insight, please check this article: Create an invoice in QuickBooks Desktop.

After recording the transaction, it's time to learn how to receive payments for an invoice in QuickBooks Desktop. You can utilize this resource for detailed steps: Enter customer payments.

That's it! Feel free to comment down below if you have other questions about managing customer transactions in QuickBooks. I'll be happy to help you. Keep safe!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us