cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doord
Level 2

Error displaying form W-2

When trying to print W-2s on QuickBooks Online I get..."Error displaying form W-2 Form not available at this time. Error reason:The requested form is not ready yet. Newly created data is still being processed. Please try again in a few minutes."  How do I fix this?  

Solved
Best answer January 29, 2019

Best Answers
doord
Level 2

ShiellaGraceA

Thank you for the answer.  I believe your correct that I needed to have all the taxes paid.  The problem was that the client set up the Officers payroll and did not set them up as exempt from State Unemployment Tax (SUI).  Therefore QuickBooks was calculating the SUI wrong.  There is no way to correct the QuickBooks liability without calling QuickBooks support.  (This is a flaw in the QuickBooks that needs to be a high priority fix)  The support is open for a limited number of hours, with no extended hours during the busy season and a busy telephone system when they are open.  So to fix the problem on the fly, you need to pay the correct taxes, then pay the overpayment (the additional erroneous taxes calculated by QuickBooks) so that QuickBooks thinks you paid all the taxes.  Then you go back and make a manual adjustment to cash to reverse the overpayment.  W-2s printed problem solved.   

QuickBooks Online has some significant flaws.  They really need to take some money out of the advertising budget and hire better software techs.

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Hi doord,

If you haven't paid the taxes yet, let's try creating the payments and then view the forms again. If you get the same error message, please call Payroll Support. This way, we can investigate further and create a case for you.

Please click on this link to speak with one of our phone agents: https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/.

Please let me know if you need help with anything else.

doord
Level 2

ShiellaGraceA

Thank you for the answer.  I believe your correct that I needed to have all the taxes paid.  The problem was that the client set up the Officers payroll and did not set them up as exempt from State Unemployment Tax (SUI).  Therefore QuickBooks was calculating the SUI wrong.  There is no way to correct the QuickBooks liability without calling QuickBooks support.  (This is a flaw in the QuickBooks that needs to be a high priority fix)  The support is open for a limited number of hours, with no extended hours during the busy season and a busy telephone system when they are open.  So to fix the problem on the fly, you need to pay the correct taxes, then pay the overpayment (the additional erroneous taxes calculated by QuickBooks) so that QuickBooks thinks you paid all the taxes.  Then you go back and make a manual adjustment to cash to reverse the overpayment.  W-2s printed problem solved.   

QuickBooks Online has some significant flaws.  They really need to take some money out of the advertising budget and hire better software techs.

doord
Level 2

ShiellaGraceA

I believe that you are correct.  The problem is that the client set up the officers payroll and didn't show them as exempt from State Unemployment Tax (SUI).  Therefore QuickBooks calculated the SUI tax liability wrong and there no way to correct the payroll tax liabilities without contacting QuickBooks Support.  (This is a QuickBooks Online flaw that should be a priority fix)  QuickBooks support is only open for a limited time during the week, does not have extended operating hours during the busy season and has a busy phone system when they are open.  To fix the problem on the fly you have to pay the correct SUI, pay the miscalculated SUI and make an AJE to cash to offset the nonexistent payment.  W-2s printed problem solved.

Incidentally, I'm not sure if you realize but your system sends out email from "do not reply" email addresses asking people if they received the answers they needed.  lol  There must be some people at intuit that have a bad sense of humor.

Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 12:27 AM

To: Doug Oord <doord@*********cpa.com>

Subject: Did you get the answer you needed?

KhimG
QuickBooks Team

We appreciate the feedback, @doord.

When looking for product improvements, we always take your ideas into consideration. I recommend sharing your thoughts and suggestions to our product developers for future updates.

Here’s how: 
1.    Go to the Gear icon and select Feedback.
2.    Enter your suggestion, then click Next.
3.    Click Skip and send message.
4.    Select a Category.
5.    Hit Send message.

You can also send your feedback by going to the following link: QuickBooks Online Feature Requests. I’ll make sure to do the same on my end. 

In the meantime, please give our Customer Care Team a call for assistance in correcting your payroll liabilities. They have the necessary tools needed to perform the adjustment and pull up the account in a secure environment, which we are unable to do in this public forum. 

Here’s how to contact support:
1.    Go to: Get help with QuickBooks Online.
2.    Click contact us
3.    Select Search for something else and type-in Customer Support
4.    Hit Search.
5.    Scroll down and click Get Phone Number.

Please let me know how it goes after contacting them. If you have any follow-up questions, leave a comment below. I'm always here to help. Thanks for reaching out, I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

janna3
Level 1

I have already printed my w-2 but needed to fix the company address so did that and was going to reprint the w-2 but I get the error message Error displaying form
Form not available at this time. Error reason:The requested form is not ready yet. Newly created data is still being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.  when I try to print any forms.

JaneD

This has already been reported, janna3.

Our engineers have started an investigation to implement a permanent fix. I recommend reaching out to our QuickBooks Payroll Support Team, so you'll be notified once resolved.

1. Go to Help and click on Contact us.
  2. Enter your concern and select Let's talk.
  3. Choose either Start messaging or Get a callback.

For reference, check out this article that will serve as guide to help prepare your tax forms: Year-end checklist for QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced.

Reach out to us if you have any other concerns. You can count on us.

Kmac2528
Level 2

So, I am here to let you know that this is still a problem AND IT IS NOW 2024! I just tried printing out W2's like I do every year and bingo!

"form not available at this time" 

Lovely QBs. I just spent almost an hour getting absolutely nowhere with 2 different assistants and one tech on the second call, My ticket number if you happen to give a hoot is: 15111239652. 

Ref: Jan 2020 Our engineers have started an investigation to implement a permanent fix

Adrian_A

Hello Kmac2528,

We want you to come across a different experience than this. I'm here to share about the error message you encountered.

We are aware of this issue and rest assured our engineers are actively working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Once the forms are available, either my colleagues or I will get back to this thread.

We appreciate your patience while we are working to have this issue a permanent fixed.

JD in PA
Level 1

Any resolution QB?  We are in the process of switching over to a 3rd party after manually filing the taxes.

Kurt_M
QuickBooks Team

We appreciate you joining us here in the thread, @JD in PA. We'll provide updates about the error you encounter when accessing W-2 inside QuickBooks Online (QBO).

Before anything else, know this isn't what we want you to experience when using the program. Upon checking here on our end, there's an ongoing investigation about being unable to view and access Form W-2. Engineers are aware of it and are still working on a fix. It's best to contact our Customer Care Team so they can add you to the list of affected users and receive updates when it's fixed. These are the steps:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
  2. Go to Help (?).
  3. Select Contact Us.
  4. Enter your concern, then select Let's talk.
  5. Choose a way to connect with us:
  • Start a chat with a support expert.
  • Get a callback from the next available expert.

Refer to this page for more information: Contact Payroll Support.

In addition, you can visit this page to help you wrap up this year's payroll inside the program: Year-end checklist for QuickBooks Online Payroll.

The Community space is open 24/7 if you need further assistance managing payroll forms inside QuickBooks. Please don't hesitate to comment below so we can get back to you as soon as possible. Keep safe.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us