cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k-wright-aps
Level 1

How do I change the beginning amount when reconciling?

4 Comments 4
Kristine Mae

I've got your back, k-wright-aps.

Let's get the beginning balance changed/corrected.

If the account has never been reconciled, here's how you can change it:

1. Click Accounting, then choose Chart of Accounts.
  2. Look for the bank account, click the View register drop-down arrow, then choose Edit.
  3. Change the amount in the Balance field, then click Save and Close.

If it has been previously reconciled, here are the most common causes of the discrepancy:

• A previously reconciled transaction is deleted.
  • A reconciliation status is changed in the register.
  • The opening balance is incorrect.

You can check this article for the steps on how to fix it: Make an incorrect reconcile opening balance match the bank statement.

I'm just around if you need more help. Just tag me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

qUICKENWORKER
Level 1

i HAVE THE RIGHT AMOUNT IN QUICKEN TO START RECONCILING MY ACCOUNT.  THE  RECONCILE SCREEN SHOWS A LARGER STARTING AMOUNT.  WHAT DO I DO?  jgh

qUICKENWORKER
Level 1

i HAVE SP  fEBRUARY OPENING BALANCE IN qUICKEN DOESN'T MATCH RECONCIALITION STATEMENT.ENT 12 HOURS RECONCILING 8 MONTHS.!

Rea_M

QuickBooks Online (QBO) and Quicken are two different platforms, and each has its own way of reconciling accounts, qUICKENWORKER. We'll route you to the best help available that can assist you in completing your task.

Since you encountered issues reconciling your account in Quicken, we'd recommend contacting their support to facilitate you in fixing your beginning amount and accomplishing the process.

Also, if you want to bring your Quicken data into QBO, you might find this article handy to guide you: Move your Quicken data to QuickBooks Online.

Please let us know in the comments if you have issues reconciling your accounts in QuickBooks. We're always here to assist. Have a great day.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us