cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Admin68
Level 1

Payroll subscription renewal

My original credit card used for automatic renewal was compromised.  I forgot to update Intuit.  But I corrected it and received my notice of payment January 15, 2019.   Now though, I cannot get my payroll program to recognize that it has been updated.  Can you help me?    I have tried to enter it so many times it has locked me out for another 1069 minutes.   

11 Comments 11
JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, Admin68.

Thanks for taking the time to reached out to us. I want to make sure that you're able to get the assistance that you need.

As much as I would love to get this handled directly, pulling up and getting the updates of your billing information requires some of your personal information, which I am unable to do in this public forum. For security reasons, you may need to get in touch with our Phone Support Team for them to check the credit card associated with your account. 

Here's how you contact our phone support: 

1. Click this link: https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/?infosrc=qs&service=16.
  2. Select your payroll subscription.
  3. Choose Payroll for the topic. 
  4. Click View Contact Info to get the phone number. 

Don't hesitate to leave a comment below if there's something else that you need. I'm always here to help.

Aune-4331
Level 1

You have taken my payment for my payroll updates, but I can NOT get the updates.  What are you guys doing?  Do I have to change companies?

JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Good day, @Aune-4331.

Thanks for joining this thread. Let me help provide some insights about the payroll subscription in QuickBooks Desktop. 

Since you've already renew your payroll subscription, let's log in to your Account Maintenance page to check the status of your service. Here's how:

1. At the top menu bar, click Employees.
  2. Select My Payroll Service.
  3. Click Account/Billing Information.
  4. Sign in using your Intuit Account login.
  5. Check the status of you payroll subscription.

If it's Active, you can log out to your account so that the system will refresh and identify that you already renew your subscription. However, if the status is Inactive, you'll need to get in touch with our QuickBooks Online Payroll Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and re-instate your service key to activate your payroll subscription. 

Here's how to contact our payroll support:

1. Click this link: https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/?infosrc=qs&service=16.
  2. Select your payroll subscription.
  3. Choose Payroll for the topic. 
  4. Click View Contact Info to get the phone number. 

For additional reference, you can check this article: View and update QuickBooks Desktop Payroll service account information

That should do it! Feel me in if you have additional questions about the payroll subscription. I'll be around to help. 

Mr Ed
Level 1

I am trying to do payroll reports quickbooks says i need to renew but i cannot get anywhere with the renewal

JoesemM

Thanks for reaching the Community space, @Mr Ed.

You can run the Verify Data and Rebuild Data utilities. The first utility identifies any errors and the second one fixes them. This ensures your company file is error-free and doesn't have any minor data issues.

To run the Verify Data utility: 

1. Go to File at the top menu.
  2. Select Utilities.
  3. Click Verify Data.
  4. Let the tool check your file for data issues. 

To run the Rebuild Data utility: 

1. Go to File at the top menu.
  2. Select Utilities.
  3. Click Rebuild Data.

For detailed steps, go through this article: Resolve Data Damage With Your Company File

Once done, let's try to renew your payroll subscription again. 

1. In your QuickBooks Desktop company file, go to Employees, and select My Payroll Service.
  2. Select Account/Billing Info.
  3. Sign in using your Intuit Account login
  4. Under Status, click Resubscribe.
  5. Follow the on-screen steps to reactivate your payroll service.

You can also renew your subscription by logging in to your QuickBooks My Account. Under Products & Services select the Payroll Subscription tile and click on Resubscribe.

You can refer to this article for more details: Reactivate your QuickBooks Payroll subscription.

However, if the issue persists, I'd suggest contacting our Customer Support Team. They have tools that can pull up your account securely and help you renew your payroll subscription. Here's how:

1. Open QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Click the Help tab at the top menu bar.
  3. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  4. Press the Contact Us option.
  5. Choose a topic.
  6. Click on Start a Message.

You can also check out this link for the list of our QuickBooks support hours: Support hours and types.

Additionally, here's a helpful reference that you can check out about the latest payroll news and updates: Latest payroll news and updates.

You might also want to check this article that can guide you on how to customize reports in QBDT. From there, you'll learn how to generate a report that shows the information you need.

Please know that I'm just a comment away if you need further assistance. Wishing you all the best.

1231 4614 9559 029
Level 1

Dear team,

please contact no. provide i want to renew  

AlcaeusF

Hello @1231 4614 9559 029,

Thank you for posting here in the Community. Let me share some information about how you can contact QuickBooks support and renew the subscription.

If you're using QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced, you have the option to renew within your account. Here's how:

1. In your QuickBooks Online company, go to Settings ⚙ and select Account and Settings.
  2. Select Billing & Subscription.*
  3. In the Payroll section, select Resubscribe.
  4. Follow the on-screen steps to complete your payroll renewal.

For QuickBooks Online Payroll (all other versions), you can contact our Payroll Support Team through these steps:

1. Go to the Help menu at the upper right. 
  2. Choose Contact Us
  3. Enter your specific concern in the What can we help you with? box. 
  4. Click Let's talk
  5. Select Get a callback or Start a chat
  6. Enter your contact information. 
  7. Choose Confirm my call or Send message

In case you're using QuickBooks Desktop, here's how you can get in touch with them:

1. Open QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Click the Help tab at the top menu bar.
  3. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  4. Press the Contact Us option.
  5. Choose a topic.
  6. Click on Start a Message.

Also, you can refer to the steps provided by my colleague above if you're trying to renew using the Desktop version.

For more information, as well as how to re-run the payroll setup after renewing the service, I recommend the following article: Reactivate your QuickBooks Payroll subscription.

Please let us know if you need anything else. The Community and I will be here to help you.

Lorraine5
Level 1

I use QuickBooks desktop, but I do not have the payroll function.  I started doing our churches books and the previous bookkeeper had Quickbooks with payroll.  I made a copy of the company files and have been doing payroll for about a year and now the subscription needs to renew but it is under the old bookkeeper's account and I am not sure I can renew it using their information on my computer.  If I can, will it affect their subscription?  If I can't, can I add payroll to my account and add that company to my subscription and not lose any of this years payroll?

LieraMarie_A
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @Lorraine5.

Thanks for joining this thread. I've come to share some information about turning a payroll subscription back on. 

You may reactivate the payroll service using the previous bookkeeper's information with their consent. Then, add your EIN to the existing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll account. 

Follow these steps to renew the payroll subscription:

1. In your QBDT company file, go to Employees and select My Payroll Service.
  2. Select Account/Billing Info.
  3. Sign in using the previous bookkeeper's Intuit Account login
  4. Under Status, choose Resubscribe.
  5. Follow the on-screen steps to reactivate the payroll service.

Once activated, you may add your EIN. Here are the requirements and limitations:

• You must have the latest supported version of QuickBooks desktop.
  • You must use the same registered copy of QuickBooks Desktop, on the same machine, to process payroll for all companies on a single payroll subscription.
  • QuickBooks Desktop Payroll can only support one company data file per EIN. Attempts to use multiple company files under the same EIN and payroll subscription may cause errors.
  • The contact information and payroll administrator for the payroll subscription will be the same for all companies you add to a single subscription.
  • If you pay your employees with Direct Deposit (DD), you can have multiple companies (separate data files with different EINs) with DD on the same DIY Payroll subscription.
  • Each QuickBooks Desktop Payroll service has a limit on the number of companies you can add to a single subscription. These limits are based on company data files, not number of employees.
  • If you are an Enhanced Payroll for Accountants license owner, we highly recommend against giving your service keys to your clients. Doing so may cause your payroll subscription account to be exposed to unauthorized users.

You may refer to this article for more info: Add an EIN to the existing Payroll Subscription.

Stay in touch if you need any assistance with this process. The Community is always here to help. Enjoy the rest of the day!

Lorraine5
Level 1

Thank you for your response.  However, there is an old email connected with the payment section of the payroll service and the old bookkeeper doesn't have that email any longer and she has moved out of town so doesn't' have access to change this information.  Is there any way for me to start a new subscription in my QB using the Church EIN number etc?

CharleneMaeF
QuickBooks Team

I'm here to share additional details, Lorraine5.

If the EIN is already added to the old bookkeeper's account, you're unable to link it to a new subscription. QuickBooks Desktop Payroll can only support one company data file per EIN. Using the same info in multiple companies may cause errors.

To have access to the company file, I'd recommend contacting our QuickBooks Support. They're equipped with tools to update the account's info.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Help menu.
  2. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  3. Click Contact Us.
  4. Give a brief description of your issue.
  5. Once done, click Message Us or Let's talk.

Once done, you can now run payroll to get the team paid.

Please keep us posted if you need additional assistance in managing payroll. We're always here to help you out.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us