cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdzanecat
Level 2

Cannot send invoices with gmail

Keep getting error message that I can’t send invoices via gmail for the past month.

Nothing in system preferences allows me to see why or how to fix the problem.

Solved
Best answer January 18, 2019

Best Answers
IntuitBrooks
Level 9

For 2015 you have to rely on the Apple Script bridge.  QuickBooks Mac can talk to Apple Mail via this bridge.  Make sure Apple Mail is your default email client (this is in Apple Mail prefs). Set up an Apple Mail account that communicates to gMail.  Then have QuickBooks use this account.

If you had all that set up and it was working and now it isn't... are you running Mac OS Mojave?  If you are then you may have run afoul of permissions in Mojave.  Mojave requires you to permit QuickBooks to talk to Apple Mail.  This shows up as a dialog requesting your approval. If you reply No then QB can't talk to Mail.  And you won't get asked again by the OS.

The fix to that is to quit QB and Mail and then open a terminal window and run this command:

tccutil reset AppleEvents

Then launch Mail and QB and try it again.  You should be asked for permission for QB to talk to Mail via AppleScript.  Allow it. 

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IntuitBrooks
Level 9

If this is QuickBooks Mac Desktop 2016 or 2019 you can send gMail via using Apple's Mail application or via editing the Email Preferences in QuickBooks to set them up for gMail access. 

jdzanecat
Level 2

This is QuickBooks 2015

AlcaeusF

Hello there, jdzanecat.

Thank you for getting back to us and adding more details about your QuickBooks version. I'm here to help provide some additional clarification concerning the Email service feature within the program.

You need to use a supported version of QuickBooks Desktop to continue accessing these services. Right now, fully supported products are QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier 2019, 2018, 2017.

We still support the 2016 version but will be discontinuing services after May 31, 2019. For more information about the Disco policy, I'm adding the article I recommend below (scroll down to Frequently asked questions):

QuickBooks Desktop service discontinuation (Disco) policy and upgrade information.

Please know I'm always available here whenever you need help. You can reach out to the Community anytime.

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

For 2015 you have to rely on the Apple Script bridge.  QuickBooks Mac can talk to Apple Mail via this bridge.  Make sure Apple Mail is your default email client (this is in Apple Mail prefs). Set up an Apple Mail account that communicates to gMail.  Then have QuickBooks use this account.

If you had all that set up and it was working and now it isn't... are you running Mac OS Mojave?  If you are then you may have run afoul of permissions in Mojave.  Mojave requires you to permit QuickBooks to talk to Apple Mail.  This shows up as a dialog requesting your approval. If you reply No then QB can't talk to Mail.  And you won't get asked again by the OS.

The fix to that is to quit QB and Mail and then open a terminal window and run this command:

tccutil reset AppleEvents

Then launch Mail and QB and try it again.  You should be asked for permission for QB to talk to Mail via AppleScript.  Allow it. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us