cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stefan Focas
Level 1

classes

hi. can i systemically update many historical transactions with a particular class (rather than have to update transaction by transaction)?

1 Comment 1
KhimG
QuickBooks Team

classes

Good day, @Stefan Focas.

Thanks for dropping by the Community. I'm here to share some information about changing the class to multiple historical transactions in QuickBooks Online.

You can edit classes in a single transaction without any additional requirements. However, if you need to update it in more than one transactions at once, you'll need to have access as an accountant. 

The ability to bulk edit classes is currently only available in QuickBooks Online Accountant. I suggest sending product suggestion directly to our developers for consideration of this feature in future updates. 

Here's how:
1.    Go to the Gear icon and select Feedback.
2.    Enter your suggestion, then Next.
3.    Select Skip and send message.
4.    Click a Category.
5.    Hit Send message.

You may also send feedback through this link: QuickBooks Online Feature Requests. I'll make sure to do the same on my end.

In the meantime, if you have access as an accountant, follow the steps below to bulk edit classes:
1.    Go to the briefcase icon called Accountant Tools and select Reclassify Transactions.
2.    Edit the date range in the From and To fields to specify the date range of the transactions for which you want to edit the classes.
3.    Click for which financial statement you want to bulk edit classes in the View field.
4.    Select the account, then the transactions you want to edit.
5.    At the bottom of the screen, select Class to and click the drop-down to change the class of the transactions you selected.
6.    Hit Reclassify.

Here’s an article for more details: How to use the reclassify transactions tool in QuickBooks Online Accountant.

That should do it. Please let me know if there’s anything else you need. I’ll be here to help. Enjoy your day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us