cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silveroakgraphic
Level 1

How do I enter a bill that I charge to my client that I make money on? ie I pay for printing fee but I get a discount so don't pay full amount that I charge the client.

2 Comments 2
MarshallA
Intuit

How do I enter a bill that I charge to my client that I make money on? ie I pay for printing fee but I get a discount so don't pay full amount that I charge the client.

Hello,

The easiest way is to upgrade to QuickBooks Online Plus.  This allows you to track expenses to specific customers and make them billable when you create an invoice to the customer.  It will auto-pull the expense and allow you to add a markup if you desire.

Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

It’s great to see you in the Online Community, silveroakgraphic.

I can help efficiently track your bills and printing fee.

As mentioned by @MarshallA upgrading to QuickBooks Online Plus helps you record and easily input your company's billable expenses. You can mark bills, checks, expenses, as billable, and later applied to invoices.

To turn on the Billable Expenses feature:

1. Go to the Gear icon at the top, then choose Account and Settings.
  2. Go to the Expenses tab on the left.
  3. In the Bills and expenses section, check the Edit icon.
  4. Put a check mark on the Make expenses and items billable box.
  5. Select Save.

After entering billable expenses, you can create invoices and bill the clients.

To give more insights, please refer to this article: How to enter billable expenses.

In regard to applying a discount, I’ve attached an article that will guide you on how to create the item and use it to the invoice or sales receipt: Discount as a line item on invoices and sales receipts.

That should point you in the right direction.

I'm only a few clicks away if you have additional questions about QBO. Wishing you success with all your business endeavors.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us