cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark20
Level 1

How do you undo a batch transaction in QuickBooks Online?

7 Comments 7
MorganB
Content Leader

Hi there, mark20.

Welcome to the Community. I can help you with undoing a batch transaction in QuickBooks Online.

To make sure I'm on the same page, are you referring to undoing bank transactions that have been added to the QuickBooks register?

Here's how you would undo them:

1. Click the Banking tab in the left navigation bar.

2. Make sure the correct account that you need to work in is highlighted in blue at the top of the page.

3. Select the In QuickBooks tab.

4. Place a check mark in the box(es) for the transactions you'd like to undo.

5. Click the Undo button that appears at the top of the list.

These transactions will then be moved back to the For Review section. If you don't need these in QuickBooks, you can add them the to Excluded section. Here's how:

1. From the For Review tab, check the transactions that need to be excluded.

2. Select the Batch actions button, and click Exclude Selected.

They will then be moved to the Exclude tab. From there, you're able to go one step further and completely delete the transaction, which can't be undone.

This article will give you additional details on using the adding and matching feature for the bank feed in QuickBooks Online: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Banking-and-bank-feeds/Add-and-match-Bank-Feed-transactions/....

I wish you and your business continued success. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions.

dropshipping
Level 2

I want to do it as well. Unfortunately, I have roughly 100 transactions I want to undo. I wish I could sort the transactions by rule. Then I could select all 100 in a click of a button. At the moment I can only sort via description/date/amount. 

I can see there is a filter to sort: 
Rule (No rule, Any rule, Auto-add rule) - But cannot add any rules here to sort?
Date

So, the main question is if I could get all the same rule transactions selected for UNDO

Help please :)

FritzF

Thanks for joining this conversation, @dropshipping.

Allow me to jump in for a moment and share some information about undoing transactions in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

You can only use the Filter option and Sort transactions by Rule if you set up the Banking Rules prior to adding them in QBO. Since you've already added those transactions, you'll need to manually select each of them. You may follow the steps provided by my colleague @MorganB above to do this.

For your reference, you can also check out this article and scroll down to undo accepted transactions for further guidance: How to add and match downloaded banking transactions.

I can see how additional options and functionality would be helpful for you and your business and I encourage you to submit feedback. These requests and suggestions are forwarded to the Product Development Team for consideration in future updates. You can submit this from within QuickBooks Online by selecting the Gear icon and Feedback or by going to the following link: QuickBooks Online Feature Requests. I'm going to submit feedback from my side as well.

That should answer your concern for today. I'm only a post away if you have any additional questions. Take care and wishing you the best.

jaydge
Level 1

I appreciate the information from QBO experts/staff here, that basically Quickbooks isn't set up to handle this kind of Undo operation. I think it isn't really very risky to simply undo the acceptance of multiple transactions and add them back to the "for review" column, and meanwhile I am nervous about what actually happened when I clicked "Undo" in the Edit menu, since the transactions didn't revert. Product feedback in this paragraph here to pass on.

I found a workaround, however, that others may find useful - as this just happened to me with a bulk add of 79 transactions.

Simply press CTRL+F (Win) or CMD+F (Mac) to bring up the Find in Page dialog at the top right on the screen - works in desktop as well as web versions of QBO. Then search for the type of transactions you remember just approving, e.g. "expense:", and every one on the screen will highlight, so you can quickly do a visual scan and identify the ones you need to Undo. For me I have to do this over multiple pages of transactions but it's a lot faster than going one by one through everything. Hope this saves you some time!

itmc
Level 2

You should provide screen shots for each step. You assume that what you're talking about is what shows up in QB and it is not. There is no REVIEWED tab or IN QUICKBOOKS tab. So yeah, the above instructions are useless to me

GraceC
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @itmc

Allow me to join in for a moment and provide a few information about undoing transactions in QBO.

The thread talks about the Banking page where you can undo the added transaction from the connected bank account in your QBO.

If your downloaded transaction has been excluded, you can go to Banking section from there you can exclud the transactions. Please follow the steps below.

1. Go to the Banking page, select the Banking tab.
    Capture banking123.PNG
  2. Select Excluded.
  3. Tick the box to undo the transactions.
  4. Click Undo.
    banking456.PNG
  5. Hit Continue.
    Capture banking789.PNG

I'm also adding these great articles that you can check for additional reference:

Also, I've attached this article that can help guide you in reconciling your accounts in your QuickBooks Online (QBO) account: Reconcile Accounts in QuickBooks Online.

Please get back here anytime if you have more something to ask about QuickBooks Online. I'm always around to assist. I hope you're good. Take care!

Lou37
Level 1

Yes please 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us