cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rloar
Level 1

Annual Customer Report for Taxes

I need to send each customer a report for tax purposes that shows all of their payments last calendar year.  In the past years, we have gone into each customer one at a time and printed a statement with customized dates.  Is there a single report I can customize which will print out a separate page for each customer that shows their transactions and total for they year?

I have found several reports that almost get me what I need, but show all customers together on the same page(s), not a separate page for each customer.  I know I could do it with a mail merge from an exported excel report, but I'm trying to avoid the extra steps.

8 Comments 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can create a Customer Statement in bulk.  Click the Create button (plus sign top right) and under the Other column, choose Statement.  From there choose Transaction Statement in the drop down menu, and customize your dates, make the balance status All, and run it.  You should have the option to email it to each customer or print it out and mail them.

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @rloar.

Allow me to help run customer report that shows all of their payments for the last calendar year.

You can open/run the Transaction List by Customer Report and filter the customer and the transaction type.

1. Go to Reports at the left pane.
  2. Look for Transaction List by Customer on the search field.
  3. On the report's page, click Customize.
  4. Select Filter.
  5. Select Payment under Transaction Type and select a specific customer under Customer.
  6. Click Run report. If you wish to run a report for another customer select/filter it to another customer.

That would allow you to run the report showing the payments for a specific customer. Let us know if you have any other questions, we're always here to help. Have a wonderful day!

Account Manager
Level 1

My report does not show total for customer like the pic. How can I get total paid to show

Account Manager
Level 1

My report does not show a Total paid like the pic. How can I get mine to show total paid

JamaicaA
QuickBooks Team

Thank you for joining us, Account Manager. I'll walk you through some basic troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue of the missing total.

I’d like to know if you’ve opened the same report and filtered according to Angelyn_T’s instructions above. Can you share a screenshot of the report? This way, we can all be on the same page and provide an accurate resolution.

Let’s start by using a private browser to access your QuickBooks account. This doesn't retain local files, so this helps in ruling out the possibility of a webpage issue. Use these keyboard shortcuts based on the browser you're using:

• For Firefox, press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • For Chrome, press Ctrl + Shift + N
  • For Safari, hold down Command + Shift + N

From there, try to pull up the Transaction Detail report again and see if the info appears. If this works, you’ll need to clear the browser's cache. By doing this, it’ll remove the built-up cache in your default browser, so you can start with a clean slate. You can also use other supported browsers as alternatives.

I’ve added these resources to guide you with filtering to get the data you need, and saving it with its current customization settings:

For more information on taxes, forms, filings, payroll, and other year-end activities, make sure to check out our Year End Resources page.

Know that you're always welcome to post here again if you need more help generating reports or performing specific tasks in QuickBooks. I’ll be around to assist you. Take care.

NL Accountant
Level 1

I searched and only found Transaction List by Vendors.  I couldn't find Transaction List by Customer Report. Please advise.  Thanks.

Rainflurry
Level 13

@NL Accountant 

Under Reports > Sales and customers.  Between 'Time Activities by Customer Detail' and 'Transaction List by Tag Group'.

ShyMae
QuickBooks Team

Warm greetings, @NL Accountant. Let me provide another report to achieve your desired outcome.

Before anything else, please know that some reports may not be available in some QuickBooks versions. Aside from @Rainflurry suggestion, you can also run the Transaction List by Date to show customer payments and totals.

Here's how:

1. Go to Reports, then type Transactions List by Date in the search section.
  2. Click Switch to classic view, and in the Report period, set your preferred date.
  3. From the Group by dropdown, select Customer.
  4. Click Run report.

I've included a screenshot for reference.

Sample.jpg

Moreover, you can personalize and memorized your reports so that you won't have to do the customization process again. To learn more about what you can generate, check out this article: Reports included in your subscription.

I'm still here for you if you require further assistance running reports in QuickBooks, @NL Accountant. You can tap the reply button below to enter your queries. Best wishes!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us