cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsmart
Level 1

How many users are allowed on QB Plus VS Advanced? Are there added user permissions on QB Advanced VS Plus and if so, what are they?

13 Comments 13
Alessandra_B
QuickBooks Team

How many users are allowed on QB Plus VS Advanced? Are there added user permissions on QB Advanced VS Plus and if so, what are they?

Thank you for posting here in the Community, @dsmart.

Let me share with you some points about the two QuickBooks Online plans and their maximum number of users.

For QuickBooks Plus, you're allowed to add up to 5 users for free and buy additional user seats up to 20. But there is no available customization of permissions for this plan.

While for QuickBooks Advanced, you can add up to 25 users for free until July 31, 2019. And the other good thing is that this plan allows you to grant new different user rights, like access to sales transactions only, expense transactions only, sales reports only, expense reports only, and so on.

Feel free to check this page for the plan comparison: Compare Plus with Advanced.

Please leave a comment below for your other concerns. The QuickBooks Community team is always here to help.

Lexiesmemere
Level 7

• Simple Start - 1 user + 2 accountant users
  • Essentials - 3 users + 2 accountant users
  • Plus - 5 users + 2 accountant users
  • Advanced - 25 Full Access users

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Account-management/Get-to-know-user-types-and-permissions/m-...

mcemark
Level 1

What does "through July 31, 2019" mean? After that date, will the price go up even more depending on how many users we actually have, even if it is under 25?

We currently have 9 users. How much extra will that cost on August 1st?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for joining the conversation, @mcemark,

Allow me to chime in and share additional information about the QuickBooks Online Advanced subscription.

Alessandra_B and Lexiesmemere provided a great insight about the user management of our product. QBO Advanced comes up with an expanded user base for up to 25 users intended for growing businesses like yours. This provides an advantage to service the growth of more complex businesses using enhanced services.

While this is a new product, our developers continues to innovate so we can deliver a flexible solution that is tailor-made for businesses at this stage of growth. That way we avoid over-serving customers with the wrong functionality.

Our Support Team projects more features and benefits to be added to the product over the coming months which includes the date provided by my colleague. While we haven't got the roadmap of the updates, please stay tuned to out latest news ans updates in the QuickBooks blog.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'll be more than happy to answer them for you. Have a great day!

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

@mcemark wrote:

We currently have 9 users. 

Are any of these time entry only users, by any chance?  I am curious how a business that uses QBO would have 9 accounting staff (never mind the 25 that Advanced supports).  Or maybe it is field service providers that do their own invoicing

Jay Doshi
Level 1

What is the Cost to add 4th user in QB online Essential plan. Till 3 users its bundled in per month cost.

I need the cost per user per month after the limit of 3 users is over.

BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @Jay Doshi.

If you have more than three billable users in the QuickBooks Online Essentials account, then you'll need to upgrade your account to the Plus version. This can accommodate up to five billable users. To learn more about the prices of our programs, you can always see this link: Compare QuickBooks Online plans.

If you've decided to upgrade already, you can just follow these steps below to change your plan:

1. Click on the Gear icon and select on Account and Settings
  2. Refer to the Billing & Subscription tab.
  3. In the QuickBooks Online section, select Upgrade your plan. If you don't see it, you’re already using the plan with the most features. 
  4. Choose the plan you want, and press on Upgrade.
  5. Confirm your payment information and select Save.

Lastly, I'd like to add this link, which contains details about the different user types that you can add in QBO and on how to manage them: Learn about the different user types and levels of access in QuickBooks Online.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this. I'll make sure you're taken care of. Have a wonderful day!

gctaylor
Level 1

I only need 3 users for quickbooks advanced online. I do not want above that.

Is there a different price for 3 users?

George C Taylor

[email address removed]

Sierra Leone

ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining us, @gctaylor.

I'll share some information about the QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Online (QBO) have different subscription type. The subscription plan comes with number of users you can add to your subscription.

For QBO Advanced, you can include more than 5 users. To learn more about the prices and the subscription plan, check this out: Plans for every kind of business.

To add a user in QBO, here's how:

1. Go to Gear.
  2. Choose Manage users.
  3. Select Add user.
  4. Pick a user type. Then, Next.
  5. Select the access rights for the user. Then, Next.
  6. Enter the user’s name and email address. Click Save.

Additionally, here's the link that'll help you manage your QBO account. Just choose a topic that'll fit your concern: Your QuickBooks account.

I'll be around if you need help with anything else, or if you have follow up questions with users. Don't hesitate to reply. Take care and have a great day ahead.

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@gctaylor 

They only offer package prices for QB Online. If you are located in Sierra Leone, why don't you pick QB Online Plus Global version for Sierra Leone? 

https:// quickbooks.grsm.io/Africa

Farah66
Level 1

How much do i have to pay for 25 users?

Kurt_M
QuickBooks Team

Great to see you here in the thread, @Farah66.

If you have an existing QuickBooks Online (QBO) subscription that doesn't give you enough user access, you may want to upgrade your current subscription to QBO Advanced. With this, you have 25 billable and 3 non-billable users inside your company file.  You can check this page for updated prices on the plans that the QuickBooks offers: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/ca/pricing/

If you wish to upgrade your subscription, I'll gladly write down the steps below to get you going.

1. Sign in to QuickBooks Online as a primary or company admin.
  2. On the top-right corner, click the Gear icon and then Account and settings.
  3. Select the Billing & subscription tab.
  4. Make sure your payment info is up to date.
  5. In the QuickBooks Online section, select Upgrade your plan.
  6. Review the available plans and then select Choose plan.
  7. Follow the onscreen steps to upgrade your plan.

For more information, see this article: Upgrade or downgrade your QuickBooks Online subscription.

In addition, I've got this article to help you handle your QBO subscription: Manage billing, payment, and subscription info in QuickBooks Online.

You can post in the Community space again if you have any additional QuickBooks-related concerns. I've got your back. I'll gladly provide further assistance right away. Stay safe!

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@Farah66 

Where is your company located?

Need to get in touch?

Contact us