cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdallaire
Level 1

'Quickbooks has stopped working' message

I just returned home from travel to find that my Quickbooks Pro 2018 Desktop program (Windows 10) is no longer working. It was working fine when I left but now I continue to get the "Quickbooks has stopped working" message as the program begins to start up. The error message is associated with the following details (below). Can anyone please provide guidance in terms of what my next step should be to resolve this problem.

Thank you.

Jacques Dallaire

problem signature:

Problem Event Name:        BEX

Application Name: qbw32.exe

Application Version:           28.0.4010.2806

Application Timestamp:     5c05f930

Fault Module Name:          ucrtbase.DLL

Fault Module Version:       10.0.[removed]

Fault Module Timestamp: 5adc1a6f

Exception Offset:    00087fc2

Exception Code:      c0000409

Exception Data:       00000005

OS Version:  6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID:     1033

Additional Information 1: d67f

Additional Information 2: d67f4a3ad9181ba5a035a02ee112e7d9

Additional Information 3: 3e40

Additional Information 4: 3e40149fe4b934318cef8b845577792c

4 Comments 4
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @jdallaire.

Thanks for joining us here in the Community today. I can help you get past of the "Quickbooks has stopped working" message that you received and get you back to business. 

There are several possible causes for this issue and several solutions which may resolve it. These are the following:

• Your company name is too long.
  • Damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file.
  • Corruption on your hard drive.
  • Damaged program files or QuickBooks Desktop installation.
  • Damaged Windows operating system.

To get this fix, we can try to use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.

Here's how:

1. Download the QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool.
  2. When prompted, save the file to the local Desktop.
  3. Close any open programs and run the QBInstall Tool.
  4. Restart the computer after running the tool to ensure the components are properly updated.

For more troubleshooting steps about this process, please refer to this article: QuickBooks Desktop won't open, has stopped working, or not responding

However, if the issue persists after trying these steps, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They have the tools which are essential in checking on what's causing the issue.

To do that:

1. In your browser, navigate to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Desktop.
  3. Click the issue or topic.
  4. Click the Green Phone button to see the support number.

Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance. I'll be around to help you out. Have a nice day!

laurab59
Level 1

I have not updated my windows 7, could this be the issue with quickbooks pro not working

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

If you are using one of the recent versions (i.e 2017-2020), you should upgrade your OS to either Win 8.1 or Win 10.

QBooksConsulting
Level 4

This looks like the ucrtbase.dll ( Dynamic link library)in the windows operating system may be damaged or corrupt.

Microsoft support or a computer tech may be able to fix this running the System File Checker, which should replace damaged or missing windows operating system files. They may also need to force the file to re-register in the windows registry.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us