cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annanderic
Level 2

NEED Help! switch from desktop to online, now I cannot file payroll form with desktop!

Dear all,

I switched to QB payroll online from QB payroll desktop on March 2018 with recommendation of Intuit. At that time, I was told that when the time comes to processing the tax forms for 2018, I can call back to the payroll desktop department, ask for temporary activation of QB payroll desktop and file my forms for the payrolls that were processed with the desktop payroll service. 

Now it is that time, I need to file my annual form 940 and W-2. Today, I call intuit to ask the desktop payroll service to activate my subscription temporarily. I have been on phone with them for over 2 hours. I was treated like I am  dirt that is worthless unless I pay for a new desktop payroll subscription and a new Quickbooks software. But I AM A CURRENT CUSTOMER OF INTUIT, I just switched to online products.  I am really amazed how Intuit can treat loyal customers like me so horribly, and how this company is still in business.  

I cannot even pull the data for the 2018 from my QB payroll desktop, nor create a printable form. What am I going to do? Do I tell IRS that Intuit is holding hostage of my data for Jan and Feb 2018, and I cannot file the forms as result? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Solved
Best answer January 04, 2019

Best Answers
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

NEED Help! switch from desktop to online, now I cannot file payroll form with desktop!

Hello there, @annanderic

I appreciate you reaching us out here in the Community. I'm here to help and share some information so you can process your tax forms.

If you still have access to your old desktop company file, you can still pull up your tax form worksheet which has all your 940 information. 

Here's how:

1. Click on Reports.
  2. Select on Employees & Payroll.
  3. Click on More Payroll Reports in Excel.
  4. Click on Tax Form Worksheets.

I've included a screenshot below to guide you with the steps:

Picture1.png

To know more about excel based payroll reports in QuickBooks, please check out this article: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1780843.

From there, you can manually transfer the payroll information into your QuickBooks Online so you can file and procedure the form. To get assistance with this process, I'd suggest reaching out to our QuickBooks Online Care Team. They have the necessary tools to pull up your account and guide you all throughout the process of entering the tax information.

To reach them:

1. In your browser, navigate to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Desktop.
  3. Click the issue or topic.
  4. Click the Green Phone button to see the support number.

This will get you on the right track, @annanderic

Please let me know how it goes. I'll be here to provide additional assistance. Thanks for dropping by. 

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @annanderic

I appreciate you reaching us out here in the Community. I'm here to help and share some information so you can process your tax forms.

If you still have access to your old desktop company file, you can still pull up your tax form worksheet which has all your 940 information. 

Here's how:

1. Click on Reports.
  2. Select on Employees & Payroll.
  3. Click on More Payroll Reports in Excel.
  4. Click on Tax Form Worksheets.

I've included a screenshot below to guide you with the steps:

Picture1.png

To know more about excel based payroll reports in QuickBooks, please check out this article: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1780843.

From there, you can manually transfer the payroll information into your QuickBooks Online so you can file and procedure the form. To get assistance with this process, I'd suggest reaching out to our QuickBooks Online Care Team. They have the necessary tools to pull up your account and guide you all throughout the process of entering the tax information.

To reach them:

1. In your browser, navigate to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Desktop.
  3. Click the issue or topic.
  4. Click the Green Phone button to see the support number.

This will get you on the right track, @annanderic

Please let me know how it goes. I'll be here to provide additional assistance. Thanks for dropping by. 

annanderic
Level 2

Hi BettyJaneB,

Thank you for offering help. Indeed, after almost 4 hours on the phone with " support" ( quotation for the fact that they barely know the product they were supposed to support), I finally came to this conclusion that this was what I had to do. I pulled the excel spreadsheet report and manually filled in the information on these tax forms. It was no joke how badly Intuit treats loyal customers like me. I am okay with the fact that I had to do this, but I am not okay to waste 4 hours of time to finally get to this point( and explaining the same situation like 10 times). I was the one who suggested getting the data for manual entry after all! The support is really pathetic. If you work for Intuit, where was a knowledgeable support like you? Especially I hear the recording each time I call that I am a priority circle customer, this makes the whole situation even more unbearable. When I made the switch, Intuit salesperson promised me smooth transition, and assistance, no problem ... and told me all I had to do was to make a call. Perhaps an ongoing customer has no value to this company, at least to make the transition less painful would have been the minimum. I am deeply disappointed with Intuit.

annanderic
Level 2

BettyJaneB,

Thanks for your help. Where was a knowledgeable support like you when I called " support"? I was on the phone for almost 4 hours only for myself to figure this out and had to manually enter the info on paper tax form. I am a loyal intuit customer, I have not stopped my payroll service for a single day. Why do I deserver this kind of treatment? and as a priority circle customer according your phone recording, the support I received was beyond pathetic. It is no joke that Intuit does not know how to treat loyal customers.

SophiaAnnL

Your feedback means a lot to us, annanderic.

Proper training to our phone agents are always reinforced to ensure they deliver good customer service. It is our duty to address your concerns without any delay.

I'll be sure to pass on your experience to our support team management. This helps us avoid this kind of situation from happening again and to coach our representatives about handling customers' issues better.

I'd also encourage you to share your thoughts about the QuickBooks product and support by visiting our feedback site: https://feedback.qbo.intuit.com/.

The QuickBooks Community is always here to help. Do reach out to us again if you need anything else.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us