cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimdimitri
Level 2

Bug Report

Happened in Mac2016 so upgraded to Mac 2019.

Changing something in all credit card entries and after between 3 and 10 entries the window locks up and have to cancel and start a fresh screen to alter more credit card entries. Again this happened in both 2016 ans 2019.

Mac OS 11.13.6

Also I tried to sign in and was not recognized.

3 Comments 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bug Report

Hello there, jimdimitri,

Thanks for getting this to our attention and providing us with enough details about the issue you're getting. Let's get this sorted out.

There are a few possible reasons for the performance issue with your QuickBooks for Mac Desktop. Here are some:

• QuickBooks is not updated to the latest release.
  • Company file might be corrupted or damaged.
  • QuickBooks did not meet the Minimum System Requirements.
  • The file is too large.

In the meantime, let's try updating your company file. Please make sure to create a backup copy of the file to avoid any accidental data loss, then close QuickBooks. Once done, follow these steps on the same computer QuickBooks is saved:

1. Go to this link: https://downloads.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products
  2. In the Downloads & Updates screen, choose the United States, QuickBooks Mac Desktop and your software's version.
  3. Click Search.
  4. On the Here's your product section, click the Get the latest updates link. (Please see screenshot)

Open QuickBooks and try updating your credit card entries. If you're getting the same problem, let's run the Verify and Rebuild Utilities to detect any data corruptions on the company file.

To Verify Data:

1. Go to the File menu.
  2. Select Utilities.
  3. Choose Verify Data.

To Rebuild Data:

1. Go to File.
  2. Choose Utilities.
  3. Click on Rebuild Data.

If the issue still persists, I’d recommend reaching out to Technical Support Team so we will be able to further check into your account securely. Here’s how to contact us:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Please update me on how this goes, jimdimitri. I'm here to help you whenever you need further assistance. Have a good day!

jimdimitri
Level 2

Bug Report

Okay. This was done today. Before your reply.

Was having this issue with most updated version of 2016.
Upgraded to 2019 which includes a backup.
Same problem.
Verified and rebuilt data.
Same problem.

I am adding a class designation to all the transactions. This file only entails data for 2018 as I was a Quicken 2007 user and converted over to QB for my combined personal businesses.
I do have separate data files for four other LLC’S.

The editing window (whether credit card, deposits or other transactions) seems to crash after anywhere from the first entry to upwards of 15 changes. No pattern detected other than deposits seem to go further before crashing.

Jim
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bug Report

I appreciate the steps you’ve tried to fix the issue, jimdimitri.

Since the upgrade and the verify rebuild did not fix the problem, I’d recommend contacting our phone support team. They can launch a viewing session and investigate each factors contributing to this issue.

Here’s how to reach them:

1. Visit this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact
  2. Select QuickBooks Mac Desktop as your product.
  3. Choose the closest topics to your issue from the list.
  4. Scroll down and click the Get Phone Number tab.

Please drop by the Community again if you have other concerns about QuickBooks. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us