cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
globetreader569
Level 2

Cannot Migrate Desktop to Online

I have migrated several times previously and now I am receiving the below error. It is critical this is resolved as soon as possible. I have never seen this error and am curious as to why I am receiving.

11 Comments 11
MarshallA
Intuit

What is the error?  There is no screenshot attached.

globetreader569
Level 2

Please see the edited post, thanks for your assistance.

David-212915
QuickBooks Team

Hello @globetreader569,

Welcome to the Community. I'm here to help you get past the error that you're receiving when migrating from Desktop to Online. 

This particular error can occur because of the following reasons:

• The person initiating the import is not a Master Administrator, Company Administrator, or Accountant user on the QuickBooks Online account.
  • There's an issue with QuickBooks Online Payroll, which is typically caused by the module not being able to sync with the QuickBooks account.
  • The QuickBooks Online account has not been logged into prior to importing data.
  • An incomplete answering of the setup questions when first logging into the QuickBooks Online account. 

Here's how you can resolve this error:

• Verify that the person initiating the import is a Master Administrator, Company Administrator, or Accountant user. Since you're referenced that you've migrated several times previously, this may not the issue that is causing the error. 
  • One quick solution is to start a QuickBooks Online account, however, please make sure to cancel your account to avoid being billed again. You can locate steps for canceling at the following link: Cancel Your Subscription
  • If you don't want to start a new account, I'm including an article that contains information on how to continue importing: How to Fix Errors When Converting From QuickBooks Desktop To QuickBooks Online. In particular, there's a section that covers this: Error: There was a problem checking this company for import eligibility.

I'm confident that this information will help you get past this error and your data migrated into QuickBooks Online.

Lastly, since you're importing into QuickBooks Online, I want to help ensure that you're getting the most out of it for your business. You can access tutorials for the software at the following link: QuickBooks Tutorials

Please let me know if you need anything or have questions. Wishing you a wonderful start to 2019. 

globetreader569
Level 2

I am indeed the accountant and have completed this migration previously. Could it be due to the online version does not have payroll enabled (we have since disabled payroll)? I need this completed today and want to ensure it is set up appropriately.

David-212915
QuickBooks Team

Hello again, @globetreader569

Thanks for providing that clarification about being an Accountant user as this helps to narrow down the cause of it. 

The error that you're receiving could be related to payroll not being enabled, which could be causing syncing issues. Additionally, you may wish to double check that there are addresses on file for the business in the QuickBooks Online file. Here's how:

1. Log in to the QuickBooks Online account.
  2. Click the Gear icon and choose Account and Settings.
  3. Navigate to the Company tab and enter addresses for Company address, Legal address, and Customer-facing address.
  4. Click Save and then Done
  5. After updating the addresses, attempt the import again. 

I can certainly see why you want to have this is set up appropriately for the start of the new year. You may wish to consider contacting the Phone Support Team, who have specialized tools to help check account configurations. Here's how you can reach them:

• Visit the following link: QuickBooks Support.
  • Select options for the two prompts.
  • Click Get Phone Number.

As always, I'm just a post away if you should have any questions. Take care.

Lexiesmemere
Level 7

globetreader569
Level 2

Is there any way to bypass the 60 day limitation? I can indeed confirm that enhanced payroll has been enabled.

globetreader569
Level 2

If I were to cancel the subscription and then restart, would that allow me to begin the 60-day cycle again?

MarshallA
Intuit

Hello,

You would not be able to import if you cancel and restart the SAME subscription.  It all goes by when the actual online file was originally created.

Since you would be importing and overwriting all information anyway though, you CAN cancel the current subscription, sign up for a new one ( 50% off for 3 months) and then import the file into the NEW subscription.

AdrianG001
Level 4

The conversion process from QuickBooks Desktop or Hosted QuickBooks to QuickBooks Online is quick and easy. However, there are several common errors that can occur during and after the conversion. Below we list each of these common errors, along with the resolutions for each.

• Go to the QuickBooks menu, then select Check for QuickBooks Updates.
  • Select Install Updates.
  • Restart QuickBooks after installing the updates.

Regards,

Adrian Gates

AdrianG001
Level 4

The conversion process from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online is quick and easy. However, there are several common errors that can occur during and after the conversion. Below we list each of these common errors, along with the resolutions for each.

• Go to the QuickBooks menu, then select Check for QuickBooks Updates.
  • Select Install Updates.
  • Restart QuickBooks after installing the updates.

is-quickbooks-available-on-cloud.jpg

Regards,

Akshay

QuickBooks Consultant - Apps4Rent

Need to get in touch?

Contact us