Single receipt is shown twice in banking tab to Add/Match. Bank account is linked & no manual uploads made. Gave ledger balance to management and got scolded.

follwoing are my issues:

1. All banks are auto synced from years and there is no manual uploads.

One NEFT receipt from customer is done for Rs. 50,000 and Quickbooks shows the same transaction twice in separate line items, but not in chronological order as there was many receipts in a day. We added both to the customer ledger as accounts receivable. Now the ledger is incorrect worth Rs. 50,000 which is highly material aspect for the company with respect to that particular customer.

When open balance and ledger statement was given to the management, quickbooks made me realize what it is and how much careful I need to be while using it!. 

2. When we maintain accounts only & Not inventory, if I ask customer care to help me account inventory, they suggest me to pass journal entry! This is the kind of knowledge they have. Then, to test them, I asked what would be Dr. & what would be Cr. in that stock valuation journal entry. They told I need to create "Opening balance Equity account" and this will increase my share capital value.

3. Unable to print debit note and only possible to print Sales & Credit note.

When asked to customer care, they told I need to take printscreen and send to Suppliers/Customers. According to them, customers will get credit note and not debit note and suppliers will get debit note and not credit note.

Please understand we can give both Dr./Cr. notes to both Suppliers & Customers and that depends upon the price difference. I Need to Printscreen those Dr. notes and send to my customers without letterhead format/Invoice format(No GSTIN, No Company name & Contact Details)

Thanks quickbooks

Answer

Hi goutham,

I can't say for sure, but I think what may have happened to you there is something that I have had to be careful of in the past. If you are downloading your transactions from the bank through the bank feeds, you have to be careful that your dates do not overlap. For example, if I go to bank feeds and download my transactions for January 1 through January 5 and then a few days later I do the same thing for January 5 through January 10, then it is going to download all of the transactions that posted on January 5 a second time. In order to not get duplicate transactions, I have to download for January 6 through January 10. Sometimes, transactions that posted later in the day will be missed this way, however. In order to avoid missing transactions, I usually do allow my dates to overlap, but then after I download the transactions I search for duplicate transactions and delete the duplicates. Not sure if this will help, but hopefully it will. Let me know if you need clarification.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No

No answers have been posted

More Actions

People come to QuickBooks Learn & Support for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.

Select a file to attach:

Qb community
Looking for advice from other business owners?

Visit our QuickBooks Community site.