cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
globetreader569
Level 2

Custom User Settings

I want to create a custom user in QuickBooks Online. I want their access to be limited - only able to view customers and invoices. I also want them, however, to be able to interact with third-party applications. I understand interaction with third-party applications usually requires admin access. Is this setup possible?

1 Comment 1
FritzF

Custom User Settings

Greetings, @globetreader569.

It's a pleasure to see you here in the Community. I'm here to share some insights about the custom user that you'd like to create in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

In QBO, creating a user that can only view customers, invoices, and interact with third-party applications is currently unavailable. Adding a Custom User that can access Customers will also grant them to view all Sales transactions apart from an invoice. Additionally, aside from the Master Administrator, only the Company Administrator and the Custom user (with All access rights) can see the Apps menu.

To know more about the user types and permissions in QBO, you may check out this article: Get to know user types and permissions. Also, just in case you need it, here's a helpful article that tackles adding, deleting, or changing a user's access in QBO.

If you wish for this option to be added, you can send feedback and suggestions directly to our Product Developers Team or consideration in future updates. You can submit this from within QBO by selecting the Gear icon and Feedback or by going to the following link: QuickBooks Online Feature Requests.  I'm going to submit feedback from my side as well.

That should answer your concern for today. Please don't hesitate to leave a comment below if you have any follow-up questions. I'm always here if you need further assistance. Have a great rest of the week.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us