cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TSumi
Level 1

Upgrade from 2008

I read that I need to get a free trial version of QB 2010 or 2012 to go through the intermediate step in order to upgrade from 2008 to 2019. The Desktop Support line [removed]/5806) says it is open 24/7, but when I call, after going through the stupid automated questions and answers, I keep getting the message that "Our office is closed". How do I reach someone to get the trial version of old QB so that I can import my old data into 2019?

4 Comments 4
MariaAlmaT
QuickBooks Team

Upgrade from 2008

Hello there, @TSumi.

Thanks for the detailed information. I can provide you information to download the trial links for QuickBooks Desktop 2010 or 2012.

Since these are old version of QuickBooks which we don't have access link here in this public forum. I'd rather give you the best possible support to assist you with getting the trial links.

Please reach out directly to our QuickBooks Desktop Care Team, so they can also help you with the upgrade. We are open 6am to 6pm PST from Monday to Friday and 6am to 3pm PST on the Saturday.

Here's how to contact support:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. If asked, choose your QuickBooks product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

This isn't the kind of service we want you to experience. We know how much time it can take when something isn’t working the way you need it to, which is why we make great efforts to deliver customer satisfaction.

For future references, look into the following articles below:

That information should get you in the right direction. Feel free to drop by the Community again if you have other questions. I'm always here to help.  Have a nice day!

TSumi
Level 1

Upgrade from 2008

Upon contacting Customer Support, I found out that I do not need to go through the hassle of the intermediate free trial old version. I simply saved a portable copy (not a backup copy) of my 2008 company file and was able to bring that into 2019. It would save people a lot of time and hassle if that information/instruction was publicized. 

Also, when going through the steps to contact support, the number shows up and says it is 24/7, which is not true. That should be corrected

Rose-A

Upgrade from 2008

Thank you for checking in with us, CCA-Candace.

I'd be happy to lend a hand with setting up your Gmail account in QuickBooks Desktop.

Webmail servers and port settings are determined by your ISP. QuickBooks Desktop can automatically fill out information for some of the most common providers, such as Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail/Live.

To set Gmail account as default:

1. From the QuickBooks Edit menu, go to Preferences, then Send Forms.
  2. Select Web Mail, then Add.
  3. Choose your provider from the drop-down and enter your email address.
  4. Ensure that the Use Enhanced Security checkbox is checked, then select OK.
    NOTE: You can uncheck the box for Use Enhanced Security if you receive the error message: Network Error. Please try again.
  5. When prompted, sign in to your Intuit account. The username or email address you use here may not necessarily be the same as the one you are connecting to your QuickBooks.
  6. Your webmail provider's login page will display. Sign in and choose to grant Intuit access.

You can check this recommended article for detailed information: Set up your email service in QuickBooks Desktop.

If you'd like to go through this over the phone, you can call our dedicated team who will be happy to assist you. Our contact details can be found below along with our opening hours.

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Keep us posted if there's anything else you need. Have a great rest of your day!

Jeffoffa
Level 1

Upgrade from 2008

I just successfully transferred my data from 2008 Pro to 2019 Desktop.   2019 Desktop was able to restore a portable (QBM) file I created with my 2008 Pro.  Does not work with the 2008 file (QBW) or 2008 backup file (QBB) but went smoothly with the portable file...

Need to get in touch?

Contact us