cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reneenyc
Level 1

Need help: Im adding an inventory item but it is being rejected with an error of "Something’s not quite right Transactions can have only one foreign currency at a time."

7 Comments 7
Rose-A

Need help: Im adding an inventory item but it is being rejected with an error of "Something’s not quite right Transactions can have only one foreign currency at a time."

Welcome to the Community, reneenyc.
I'm here to assist you with getting past this error and ensure you'll be able to add an inventory item in QuickBooks Online.

This error usually occurs if you're trying to add an inventory item while creating a transaction for your customer/vendor that has a different currency and using a bank account with different currency other than your home currency in QuickBooks. In this case,  you'll need to use the home bank currency when recording the payment before transferring the funds to the foreign currency.

If not, let's go through some basic troubleshooting steps starting with opening a private browser. This helps us determine if the error is caused by the browser cache or not.

Here's how to open a private window in different browsers:

• Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N.
  • Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P.
  • Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P.
  • Safari: press Command + Shift + N.

If you're still getting the same error, I'd recommend contacting our QuickBooks Online Support. They have the capability to look into your account and check what's going on. Agents have the necessary tools, like screen-sharing to get you back up and running.

Please continue to post your concerns about inventory. I'm here to help however I can. Have a good one.

reneenyc
Level 1

Can you explain this is more detail?

This error usually occurs if you're trying to add an inventory item while creating a transaction for your customer/vendor that has a different currency and using a bank account with different currency other than your home currency in QuickBooks. In this case,  you'll need to use the home bank currency when recording the payment before transferring the funds to the foreign currency.

All of the accounts (except the opening equity balance) are in euro. This include two linked bank accounts in euro. I tried to change the opening equity balance to euro also (it’s in usd) but didn’t have any luck. In any case, this account isn’t connected to inventory. I tried to call support but after a screen share they opened a ticket with engineering. But I am in Paris time zone so if I wait for a response from PST, I am losing a day of work. Please help if you can. 

gradearenee
Level 1

I want to add that this issue goes away when i change from inventory to service type.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi reneenyc and gradearenee,

Allow me to join in to your conversation and explain this error further.

You get this error when the income and the inventory asset accounts have different currencies. For example, the Inventory Asset account’s currency is in USD while the Product Income is in EURO. Please see the photo below.

1.PNG

To get resolve this, let’s make sure that you’ve selected the correct accounts. Check out this screenshot.

2.PNG

In your case @gradearenee, we don’t recommend changing the item type from inventory to service. It’ll affect the company’s financial history file. What you’ll need to do is to create a new service item, then inactivate the inventory.

Please don’t hesitate to ask more questions. We’re right here to help.

reneenyc
Level 1

Thank you. The thing is that both accounts are in EUR and the issue is not resolving. I tried to open in private browsing if it is a cache issue, but it is not. Also, neither the Income to Expense account were ever in USD, they have always been in EUR. Any other suggestions?

gradearenee
Level 1

@Anonymous - the thing is that the asset, income and expense accounts are all EUR accounts and they have always been in EUR. It is also not a cache issue, bc I tried private browsing and still having the same problem (also, I never had them as USD accounts so it couldn't have cached this issue). Can you suggest other solutions?

MariaAlmaT
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @reneenyc and @gradearenee.

Thanks for the prompt response to share more details about your concern. I have some information to add with regards to the error message "Something’s not quite right - Transactions can have only one foreign currency at a time." you're encountering.

I have checked in our system and found out that there's already an open investigation with QuickBooks Online unable to add new inventory due to the error mentioned above.

@gradearenee, since reneenyc already contacted our phone support for this matter. I suggest doing the same so you'll be added to the list of affected users and receive resolution updates via email.

This isn't the kind of service we want you to experience. We know how much time it can take when something isn’t working the way you need it to, which is why we make great efforts to deliver customer satisfaction at all time.

Rest assured that once our engineering team posts for an update, we'll add any workaround possible to get along with this issue here in this thread. We want to make sure we'll get the permanent fix to this before you get notified with the resolution, so you can get back to business.

Please know that we value your patience while dealing with this concern. I'll get back to you or one of my colleague here in the Community space once this issue is resolved.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us