cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
TimBryant
Level 1

How to justify your cost?

I am new to Qb and I have a few co-workers who are farmers and small business owners. They hate doing the books themselves and we were talking about what I can offer them with QuickBooks online and being their book keeper. 

But... My question is, how do you justify a price for your service? For the farm co-worker, he said it's a few inquiries a week or month. But for the small business owner, it would be more like a couple hours of work a week or every two weeks. 

Also another question would be, can you create a profile and train the people who are the business owners and sell them the account?

3 Comments 3
john-pero
Community Champion

You can click your hours and do billable hours just like a lawyer or CPA, or you can offer a flat rate for small accounts, maybe that includes their monthly software at wholesale billing tgat you can offer through your QBOA account. Could you do farm books for $100/month time and $30 for QBO Plus?, maybe 150 complete? 4-5 hours total?

TimBryant
Level 1

i just dont know how to justify a specific dollar amount. and as for a farm account, i guess i dont understand your question.

qbteachmt
Level 15

You price yourself according to the work and the resources you need, and the level of help you provide.

Examples: by the transaction, by the Task, by the Hour. Or, as a Contract fee.

If you have to own a computer and Desktop QB, that is part of your own overhead for being in business.

For instance, I started out with Hourly, and have one client under Monthly Contract that I first computed as roughly $5 per transaction projected for sales and payment of expenses.

By Task = running payroll each time, doing reporting; Banking reconciliation.

You have resources on the web for Market Rates in your region for service providers, as well.

Google this phrase:

intuit rate survey 2018

Need to get in touch?

Contact us