Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Anonymous
Not applicable

Introduction

Hello All!

I am Quanteya Crowell owner of QC Financial Services, LLC. I am a realtor and tax professional. I earned my Master degree of Business Administration in 2013, bachelors degree in Liberal Arts in 2009. I have experience working in the banking and hedge fund industry. In 2013, while residing in New Jersey, a friend of mine mother, owned a childcare center, asked for my help with a tax issue her business encountered. I was still working full time as an accountant. However, I wanted more people experience.

I enjoy working and helping people. Unfortunately, I had little experience directly with the IRS or tax liability. However, I knew accounting and I love research. After intense research on case studies and contacting the IRS I was able to resolve her tax issue. I became her accountant, she was my first client. She is still a client I work with regularly.

Fast forward to 2015 my family and I moved to Georgia. The companies that I was servicing in New Jersey still wanted me to work as their accountant. I was so excited but nervous! I had no clue how I would service them without physically being at their location. AGAIN, me and my research I discovered Quickbooks Online! I was so thrilled that I could still service my clients (now 3 business clients and providing 50 individuals tax services). I converted all my clients into Quickbooks Online and Proconnect Online.

My business is growing via word of mouth and small marketing (I placed a QC Financial Services, LLC sign in my yard for foot traffic). The marketing has brought me clients from Alabama, Flordia, and Tennessee. I am a home based business, I have a room in my house that I have designated as my office. My goal is to provide individuals and small business owners with affordable, transparent, and knowledgeable financial services. While navigating families through the home buying experience.

My proudest moment was when I was a finalist for Gwinnett County Chamber of Commerce Home Based businesses of 2017. Unfortunately, I was not the winner of the category but it brought great exposure. I wasn't a member of Gwinnett County chamber of Commerce but they loved my application so much that they made me a finalist. 

My goal for 2018 is to earn enough income to support my family. Pay for my membership for Gwinnett County Chamber of Commerce and NETWORK. Attend more networking events not just for exposure for my business but for community involvement. I am a giver. I want to not only have a prosperous business but have a thriving community where I can eventually give scholarships to college bound kids interested in becoming an entrepreneur. I want to create a cycle of winning.

3 Comments 3
ShanaNiederman
Level 6

Introduction

I love your introduction, @Anonymous. Thanks a lot for sharing so much about yourself and your business journey (so far)! I wish you all the best in 2018 toward achieving your small business goals. We're all gathered here in the QuickBooks Community to do exactly that -- we back each other by sharing what we've learned and offering support. Let's keep the conversation going. Congratulations on your award!

WillowOlder
Level 5

Introduction

Hello and welcome, @Anonymous! Thanks for sharing so much information about your background, experience and your goals. I think a lot of our members will easily relate to your dream of running a business that a) gives you financial stablity and b) lets you give back to your community. (You might enjoy this Q&A with @photosbydepuhl on this very subject.) I hope you'll keep us posted on your business next-steps. And congrats on being a finalist for the Chamber award!

MorganB
Content Leader

Introduction

Good morning, sima002.

Thank you so much for joining us here in the Community and for sharing a bit of your background! I believe you'll find this space a great place to learn, grow, and share stories alongside people in similar fields.

The pandemic has presented many challenges throughout the year, but it sounds like your business is off to a great start. I invite you to check out the Talk About Your Business board to view other posts, or maybe even share your own experience by starting a discussion. This write-up by my friend MichaelDL offers even more info about Getting Started in QB Community.

Please feel free to reach out here any time you have a question or want to share updates about your business. The Community always has your back. Take care!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us