cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PennyMurray
Level 1

I can't reconcile my bank account, can't find the problem!

I am so confused! I haven't reconciled my bank account for a few months, but the last time I did it was balanced to the penny with my January statement. Now I have 3 statements to reconcile for Feb/March/April. My Feb. beginning balance wasn't right, so I unreconciled to January which had the correct beginning balance. I checked off all transactions, and I'm off by $650. I don't know what the issue is. I'm tempted to keep unreconciling month by month, but when I try to unreconcile January the beginning balance for December is off. I don't know what to do--it's too large an amount to just enter an "adjustment" transaction, but I have no earthly idea what went wrong, how to find it, or how to fix it. I HATE this software!!!!!

4 Comments 4
SkinnyRaven
Level 8

An incorrect beginning balance usually indicates a previously reconciled transaction has been edited. Look for older transactions that should not be in the reconcile window. If you have a backup file from before you unreconciled restore that and start over.
bridgetpyoung
Level 1

I am having the same issue. 
digimax01
Level 1

I am having same issue, haven't been able to reconcile for 3 months,  every month they give me a ticket and this is the third month I have been told they haven't been able to figure out the problem. I waited on hold for help for almost 30 minutes and  when I was told they still hadn't figured it out I said it was unacceptable, I had to be able to reconciel and he hung up on me.  
IntuitBrooks
Level 9

The usual problems are:  Deleted a reconciled transaction, changed the value of a reconciled transaction, unreconciled a transaction by clicking on the check mark in the register (dark checkmark means reconciled, light checkmark means "cleared"), or marked a transaction as reconciled by clicking on the check mark in the register (making it dark when it wasn't actually reconciled).

Need to get in touch?

Contact us