cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
info103
Level 1

How do you add an employees holiday on Quickbooks Intuit online?

Solved
Best answer February 07, 2019

Accepted Solutions
Kc29655
Level 2

Hi info.

You can add a Holiday pay type for any individual employee. We'll need to go through each employee's profile for QuickBooks Online Payroll and Variable Input for PaySuite payroll.

Because holiday hours are not considered hours worked, they are not included in the basis for accrual of vacation or sick leave. In states that have a workers' compensation tax based on hours worked, holiday pay is not included in the basis for this tax.

To do this task, please follow these steps:

1. Go to the Employees tab.
  2. Select the applicable employee.
  3. Select + (at the bottom of the page), then select Other pay.
  4. Select or search for the pay type you want to add. If you can’t find the pay type you’re looking for, you can add it.
  5. Select the + to add Bonus, Other earnings, Overtime, Reimbursement etc.
  6. Save your changes.

Please feel free to add a comment below if you have any other questions. Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Kc29655
Level 2

Hi info.

You can add a Holiday pay type for any individual employee. We'll need to go through each employee's profile for QuickBooks Online Payroll and Variable Input for PaySuite payroll.

Because holiday hours are not considered hours worked, they are not included in the basis for accrual of vacation or sick leave. In states that have a workers' compensation tax based on hours worked, holiday pay is not included in the basis for this tax.

To do this task, please follow these steps:

1. Go to the Employees tab.
  2. Select the applicable employee.
  3. Select + (at the bottom of the page), then select Other pay.
  4. Select or search for the pay type you want to add. If you can’t find the pay type you’re looking for, you can add it.
  5. Select the + to add Bonus, Other earnings, Overtime, Reimbursement etc.
  6. Save your changes.

Please feel free to add a comment below if you have any other questions. Have a nice day!

angiew2022
Level 1

Is there a way I can add standard holiday's into QB for all employees? I'm not talking about setting up pay types. I'm asking if I can pre schedule the holidays in QB. Like memorial day, 4th of July, labor day, Christmas etc. So I don't have to add  the hours for every employee.  

JaeAnnC
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @angiew2022. I'll be glad to outline how to pre-schedule holidays in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

If you're using QBO Advanced, we've developed a rules engine that's easy to use and supports a wide range of conditions and actions for setting up pay conditions. To do that:

1. Go to the Gear icon and select Payroll Settings.
  2. Click the Pay Conditions sub-menu.
  3. Select the Rule Sets link and click Create.
  4. Provide a name and set the rule period.

Then, specify the rules that will be part of your rule set. To edit them, select the Edit Rules option. The system will automatically provide a current list of State and Federal bank holidays for every company. However, Local/Regional and company-authorised bank holidays will need to be added manually.

Learn more by reading these articles:

However, if you're subscribed to a standard QBO, you can only add Holiday as a pay type

Additionally, you may provide your employees a payslip to display their earnings before and after deductions, taxes, and other contributions.

Stay in touch whenever you have any follow-up concerns about pay types in QBO. The Community is here to lend you a hand anytime. Take care and have a good one!

angiew2022
Level 1

I have Advanced but do not have "pay conditions sub menu" option

Rubielyn_J
QuickBooks Team

I'm glad to hear from you again and appreciate you confirming your product version, @angiew2022.

I understand that you have QuickBooks Online Advanced, but still currently facing an issue with the "pay conditions sub menu" option when trying to create a rule set. I'm here to provide some insights and ensure you can successfully set up the rule according to your requirements.

Before we proceed, it's important to log in as the master admin in your QBO account to access the Pay conditions option. If it's not showing up, we can perform some troubleshooting steps to fix this. 

There are instances when the browser is full of commonly used page resources, which results in errors or odd behavior. Let's use a different or private browser to view your account. You can use any of these shortcut keys to access one:

• Google Chrome: Ctrl + Shift + N
  • Mozilla Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Microsoft Edge: Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Safari: Command + Shift + N

Then, proceed to the Payroll Settings. Once the Pay Conditions menu appears, go back to your regular browser and clear its cache. This is done to speed up the process the next time you do a transaction in QuickBooks. Also, an alternative way is to use other compatible browsers.

With the help of this rule set, along with a pay rate template and a leave allowance template, employee setup becomes both consistent and easy to manage. Whenever timesheets are imported into a pay run, the pay condition engine will be utilized to process the timesheets of employees who are linked to a rule set.

Feel me in if you have further issues in managing pay conditions in QBO. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and I'm here to support you every step of the way.

IsabelG
Level 1

We have QBO Advanced but there is no Pay Conditions sub menu

GeorgiaC
QuickBooks Team

Hi IsabelG, thanks for joining this thread. 

Please instead select the option for Payroll settings > Rule sets > Add - this will then allow you to enter the pay conditions. 

For full steps on creating and applying pay conditions in QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll, view our Community guide linked here

Need to get in touch?

Contact us