cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donatop
Level 1

How to get my pdf invoices to show a subtotal?

My invoice template, and the invoice I create in QB both show a subtotal on the invoice.  When I go to print it out or create a pdf it does not show the subtotal.  It only shows Payment and balance due.

I went to the Standard Template and it shows it is the default.  When I select Classic template it will print out the subtotal. 

How can I get it to show the subtotal in the standard template?

Solved
Best answer October 15, 2018

Best Answers
sarsar
Level 3

Greetings, donatop.

I'd be pleased to help you get this sorted out.

Normally, the subtotal will not show on a printed or saved invoice when there are no factors (sales tax, discounts, deposits) affecting the total of the invoice. If this is the case, you have an option to add the subtotal. On the invoice, there will be an Add subtotal button. I've attached a screenshot below for reference.

I look forward to hearing how this goes for you. Have an awesome day!

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
sarsar
Level 3

Greetings, donatop.

I'd be pleased to help you get this sorted out.

Normally, the subtotal will not show on a printed or saved invoice when there are no factors (sales tax, discounts, deposits) affecting the total of the invoice. If this is the case, you have an option to add the subtotal. On the invoice, there will be an Add subtotal button. I've attached a screenshot below for reference.

I look forward to hearing how this goes for you. Have an awesome day!

donatop
Level 1

When I switched back to the master template and clicked on add Sub Total, I could see it on my screen, but when I went to print it wasn't there at the bottom.  Plus the terms that I put at the bottom with a later date showed up at the top for some reason.  So I switched back to the classic template that works fine.
mike12
Level 1

When you add the "subtotal" by clicking it as you described above, it takes all of the line description info and creates more like a column of typed info vertically and you loose the nice horizontal length.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us