If you'd like to check another item off your to-do list, you can apply to seamlessly receive payments online. If approved, your client will have the ability to pay you by credit card or e-check, directly from the invoice.
To apply for online payments:
Go to Invoices.
Select Create invoice.
- At the bottom of the invoice, choose Set up payments.
- Step through the application process and enter the requested info. You’ll be asked for standard financial details upfront. Don't be alarmed, your data is safe. Intuit follows very strict privacy and security policies.
- When you’re done applying, you’ll return to the invoice you started. You can complete the invoice and send it off, or simply close the page.
- First, be aware that it takes up to 3 business days to get a decision, which you'll receive via email.
- If you haven't received anything in that time frame, you can call QuickBooks Payments at 800.558.9558 to check on your application status.
- Your approval email will have instructions on how to set up payments.