- 2016: Pro, Premier and Premier Accountants Edition 2016 R11
- 2015: Pro, Premier and Premier Accountants Edition 2015 R14
- 2014: 2014: Pro, Premier and Premier Accountants Edition 2014 R16
- 2014: 2014: Enterprise Solutions 2014 R16
- 2013: Pro, Premier and Premier Accountants Edition 2013 R18
- 2013: Enterprise Solutions 13.0 R18
- 2012: Pro, Premier and Premier Accountants Edition 2012 R16
- 2012: Enterprise Solutions 12.0 R16
- 2010: Pro, Premier and Premier Accountants Edition 2010 R5
- 2008: Pro, Premier and Premier Accountants Edition 2008 R14
- If QuickBooks is open, close the application.
- Locate and double-click the downloaded update file.
- When the installation is complete, restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks, and then check the current program release.
- Press F2 to open the Product Information window.
- The first line in this window displays the QuickBooks 2014, 2015 or 2016 version followed by the release number (for example, QuickBooks Pro 2017 Release R4. If the release number contains R4, then you have successfully installed the latest release of QuickBooks 2017.
- Click OK to close the window.
- For Payroll subscribers, you can also check your Tax Table version. Go the Employee menu, select My Payroll Service, then Tax Table Information.
- If using QuickBooks in a Multi-User environment, follow the above steps on the other PCs. Once each machine has the update, log into the company file as normal.
Intuit strongly recommends you not update a company data file across a network connection. Copy the company file to a local installation, open the company file and allow the update process to complete, and then close the file and copy it back to the network location.
Some QuickBooks updates will include a change to the data file structure. When opening the company file for the first time after installing a product update, you may see a progress bar as the structure change is implemented. It is important to allow this change to complete; do not end task on QuickBooks during this process.