If your firewall appears to be preventing QuickBooks from performing some of its functions, and retrieving the latest updates for your firewall software doesn't resolve the issue, it may be necessary to manually configure your firewall software to allow QuickBooks process to function properly. Links to specific firewall software have been placed at the bottom of this article to assist you in configuring the brand of firewall you use. Here are the processes that QuickBooks uses when it runs.
Note: Please make note of the information for your version or print this article before using the links at the bottom.
The following ports are as follow for both incoming and outgoing traffic:
- For QuickBooks 2016: 80, 8019, 56726, and 55368 through 55372
- For QuickBooks 2015: 80, 8019, 56725, and 55363 through 55367
- For QuickBooks 2014: 80, 8019, 56724, and 55358 through 55362
- For QuickBooks 2013: 80, 8019, 56723, and 55353 through 55357
- For QuickBooks 2012: 80, 8019, 56722, and 55348 through 55352
- For QuickBooks 2011: 80, 8019, 56720, and 55338 through 55342
- For QuickBooks 2010: 80, 8019, 56719, and 55333 through 55337
Make note of the following files that must be granted access through your firewall:
- FileManagement.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- QBCFMonitorService.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- QBDBMgr.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- QBDBMgrN.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- QBGDSPlugin.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- QBW32.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- QBUpdate.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
NOTE: There are several hundred firewall programs available today and we are able to supply some information for some of the more common ones.
Please refer to your application's documentation or the software publisher's website.