What is happening?
When I print my P60s, the information is not aligning properly.
Why is this happening?
You need to adjust your printer settings. If you upgraded your version of QuickBooks, the printer settings may have reverted to the default settings.
How to fix the problem
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to the File menu and click Printer Setup.
- Click the Form Name drop-down arrow and choose the P60.
- Click the Printer Type drop-down arrow and choose the correct stationery.
- Click the Options button to the right of the printer name.
- Make sure the Paper/Quality tab is selected at the top of the window.
- Check that the Size is A4.
- Click OK to return to Printer Setup window.
- In the Style section, select either:
- HM Revenue & Customs / Intuit Preprinted forms (P14/P60s) or;
- Laser Mailer P60 (self sealing)
- Click OK.
- Do a test print.
If the form is still out of alignment, open the Printer setup window again (see steps 1 to 3 above).
- On the right of the Printer Setup window, click Align.
- Click the Vertical Up/Down arrows and/or the Horizontal Left/Right arrows accordingly or, key in the values manually. Click OK to return to Printer Setup.
- Click OK.
- Do another test print and adjust the alignment further if required.