What browsers can I use to access QuickBooks Online?
- Internet Explorer, version 10 or later (32 bit only)
- Mozilla Firefox, recent versions (we block anything older than 2 releases past)
- Google Chrome, recent versions (we block anything older than 2 releases past)
- Safari for Windows version 6.1 or later
Supported browsers for Mac OS X:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari for Mac version 6.1 or later
- Google Chrome
- Exporting report data to Excel requires Excel 97 or later.
- In some case, exporting data to QuickBooks or Quicken desktop edition requires an Internet Explorer ActiveX component (you will be prompted by IE if you don't already have it).
- For Safari, we currently do not offer payroll export to QuickBooks or Quicken desktop edition.
- For information on using QuickBooks Online with mobile devices, see article Compatible browsers for tablet/mobile devices.
- We don't currently support the Linux operating system. If you choose to use QuickBooks Online with Linux anyway, we recommend using it using the latest versions of Chrome or Firefox.
- We support the 32 bit version of IE. If you have a Windows 7 or 8 64 bit system, you need to use QuickBooks Online in the 32 bit version of IE.
- We don't have any hard-and-fast systems requirements per se. If you can run one of the recommended browsers on your system, then your system should be fine for QuickBooks Online. Check with Google (Chrome), Mozilla (Firefox), Microsoft (IE) or Apple (Safari) for system requirements for each browser.
Tip: You can find what browser you're using by visiting http://whatsmyuseragent.com/. If you're using Firefox or Chrome you can type about: in the URL field and also find the browser specifications.