Troubleshooting printing in Windows
This issue causes the Print Preview to download in Chrome as a *.pdf file, OR appear completely blank, OR do nothing at all.
If you are experiencing this issue, try these steps:
- Launch Chrome and open a New Tab or New Window.
- Type chrome://plugins into the address bar:
- Look for the plugin titled Chrome PDF Viewer.
- If the plugin is grayed out click the link to Enable it.
- Close Chrome and reopen.
- Attempt to use the Print Preview in QuickBooks Online.
This article focuses on links for solutions to printing issues in Windows.
For printing issues in Mac OS X, see:
If you are receiving an error or other undesired behavior when printing, click the link below that best describes the kind of issue you're seeing:
- The Adobe toolbar is missing
- Printer icon is missing from preview screen
- Blank page or red X when I try to print
- White screen when printing in Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer Script Error when printing
- Error: Adobe PDF creation cannot continue because Acrobat is not activated
- File Output Name required when printing
- Preview screen freezes when I try to print
- Can't print deposit or summary
- Unable to print with full version of Adobe Acrobat
- After printing, transactions still display in To Be Printed
- When printing, a previous form displays
- Checks are missing from Print Checks Setup
If your document prints but the output from the printer is wrong, click the link below that best describes your issue:
- The document is misaligned on the page: PRINTING: How to set up or adjust alignment when printing
- Printing is unclear or fuzzy
- Checks print in the wrong order
- Checks print unrecognizable characters
- Dotted or cut line doesn't print
- Only half the page prints
- Report header prints in the middle of the page: How do I clear the temporary Internet files/cache?
- Entire webpage prints instead of just the report
Additional Printing Resources