QuickBooks HelpQuickBooksHelpIntuit

Learn about the PCI DSS Compliance Services

SOLVEDby QuickBooks46Updated December 15, 2023

Learn more about PCI DSS Compliance Services.

The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a list of practices merchants must follow to accept payment cards. This includes how to securely handle, process, and store sensitive payment card data.

Learn about PCI (Payment Card Industry) DSS Compliance

The PCI Security Standards Council created the PCI DSS Standard to better protect customer payment card data from suspicious activities. As a merchant, you’re responsible for protecting payment card information and meeting PCI compliance requirements. Failure to comply could mean costly fines and audit costs. And if card gets stolen, it could mean even more costs and restrictions.

If you’re storing credit card processing data, it should always be in a manner that makes it difficult to access. Any company or organization that handles cardholder data, whether to process, store or transmit, must meet PCI compliance requirements.

Check out the following for more info:

What PCI service does Intuit provide? 

Intuit has partnered with SecurityMetrics, a leading PCI service provider, to help you meet requirements. Intuit's PCI program includes:

• Threat Prevention Tools: Simplify your PCI compliance process and better defend your customer card data. Vulnerability scans, mobile scans, and SecurityMetric PANscans make it easier to identify unencrypted card data and prevent a breach. 
  • Card Data Breach protection: Your PCI service provides up to $100,000 premium service warranty. To qualify for this benefit, enroll in the PCI program that offers this warranty. You should also be up-to-date on service fees.

Frequently asked questions regarding PCI compliance service 

How do I get started with PCI service and protection?

1. Sign in to your SecurityMetrics account.
    1. Select Sign Up, then fill out all the fields in the Create Account page.
      SecurityMetrics_CreateAccount_US_Ext_12032021.png
    2. Select Create Account, then follow the Intuit FastPass to determine your PCI compliance requirements.
    3. Select Next then select a security package that best fits your business.

Who can I contact if I have questions regarding my SAQ or questionnaire?

You can call phone support at 801-705-5700.

How do I log in to my SecurityMetrics account? 

Go to SecurityMetrics, then select Login.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
QuickBooks Payments

Sign in for the best experience

Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.

More like this