QuickBooks HelpQuickBooksHelpIntuit

Frequently asked questions about Apple Pay and QuickBooks

SOLVEDby QuickBooks24Updated February 08, 2024

QuickBooks Online now offers the option for your customers to pay the e-Invoices you send them with Apple Pay.

How do I begin accepting Apple Pay?

All you need is a QuickBooks Payments (Merchant Services) account. One place to start is from the Get set up link at the top of a new invoice. It only takes a few minutes to fill out some information about your business.

Once your account is approved, you'll be able to accept credit card payments through
Apple Pay.

How do my customers pay me with Apple Pay?

First, create an invoice and select Credit card under Payment Options at the top of the screen. (You should see Apple Pay as one of the credit card types listed.) Fill out the invoice and send it to your customer.

When they open it from their email, they'll be able to use Apple Pay if:

• They have Apple Pay set up on their iPhone, iPad, or Mac, and
  • They view the invoice in Safari, and
  • They have an active credit card in their Apple wallet.

Your customer can then tap the Buy with Apple Pay or Apple Pay button and make the payment.

How do I know when someone has paid me?

You'll receive an email confirming the payment and the invoice will be marked as paid within QuickBooks, just like other payment methods we support.

What fees are charged if a customer pays an Invoice with Apple Pay?

Only one rate applies: 2.9% + 25c per transaction.

Will Apple Pay work with all credit and debit cards?

Apple Pay only accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. It does not accept American Express or bank payments.

For help or questions on QuickBooks e-Invoice and Apple Pay, please contact our Customer Support team.

For more general information on how Apple Pay works, please see this article.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post

Sign in for the best experience

Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.

More like this