Check out these links for IRS contact information, websites, and forms for managing payroll reporting requirements or closing your business checklist.
|IRS Tax Information for Small Businesses and Self-Employed
- Industry-specific information, resources, government forms and publications, FAQ, information for new businesses, including requirements for employers. How to get a FEIN on the Web), by fax, or by mail.
|IRS Tax Forms and Publications
- Publication 15-B: Employer's Tax Guide to Fringe Benefits.
- Publication 517: Public Pension and Other Information for Members of the Clergy and Religious Workers.
- Publication 525: Taxable and Non-Taxable Income
- Publication 557: Tax-Exempt Status for Your Organisation
- Publication 969: Health Savings Accounts and Other Tax-Favoured Health Plans
- Form SS-5: Application for a Public Pension Card
- Form W-9: Use this form to request the taxpayer identification number from a contractor
- Form 1040-ES: Householders can use this form to make payroll tax deposits each quarter
- Form 1040 Schedule H Instructions: Household employers in New York may need these instructions to comply with FUTA requirements
- Form 941-V Payment Voucher: If you are certain that you are entitled to make your federal tax payment with your quarterly 941 form filing, you can use this payment voucher located on the IRS web site
- Form 4070: Reporting tips to employers
|IRS Offices and Telephone Numbers
- IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centres, "your one-stop resource for face-to-face tax help and solutions to tax problems, every business day".
|Change of Address (Form 8822)
- Form to change the address or the name of your company with the IRS
|Multiple Work site Report State Forms
- State tax forms for employers who have work sites in multiple states
|Closing a Business
- Checklist for tasks you need to complete to close a business.