Connecting to Intuit’s servers is also referred to as send payroll or usage data. It allows you to synchronize your QuickBooks data to our server. There are several reasons why you may need to do this such as the following:
- To update your version of QuickBooks Desktop with Intuit. This is important especially if you were previously using a discontinued version of QuickBooks Desktop. This allows Intuit to know that you are now using a supported version of QuickBooks.
- To verify your bank account information after a Bank Account Change is processed
- To notify Intuit after voiding a paycheck.
- To recover the latest payroll service fees check (Direct Deposit liability check) in the register.
To connect to Intuit's server for non-direct deposit users:
- Select Employees then choose Send Usage Data.
To connect to Intuit’s server for direct deposit and Assisted Payroll users:
- Select Employees then choose Send Payroll Data.
- Make sure that there are no paychecks in the Items to Send section.
- Select Send.
- Enter your direct deposit PIN.
- Wait for the message that your payroll session was successful. A confirmation report appears in the Items Received section of the Send Payroll Data window. The message that appears might vary depending on your activity. See examples below:
- If you are connecting to our servers after voiding a paycheck, you may receive the message that QuickBooks cannot find the following account. You will need to select the down arrow and choose Payroll Service Asset Account from the list of accounts. QuickBooks uses this account for Assisted Payroll, to post any tax credit (over paid taxes) as result of void. Once the Intuit Payroll System receives the voided check, you will get a message in QuickBooks that your payroll session has succeeded.
- If you just changed your bank account that you use to post Payroll Fees or Direct deposit Fees, you get this message QuickBooks cannot find the following account. You will need to select the down arrow and choose the checking account you use for payroll fees from list of accounts.