Save time by learning how to import your work trips in QuickBooks Self-Employed from your Google account.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Select the ⚙️ at the top then choose Labs. Look for 'Imports your work trips from Google' and select Try it out.
- On step one, right-click Google Takeout and select open in a new tab.
Important: Make sure you are logged in to the correct account by hovering over the top right corner to see what email is currently in use.
- Make sure that Location History is in JSON format then select NEXT.
Note: If JSON format is not selected by default select the drop down and choose JSON. Toggle the switch on the right if the NEXT button is grayed out.
- Under Delivery method select the drop down and choose Add to Drive then select CREATE ARCHIVE.
Important: This can last up to 5 minutes. DO NOT close or switch tabs until it finishes. There are times when the progress bar or the percentage doesn't progress, the process is still running and will still finish.
- Once the archive is created select OPEN IN DRIVE.
Note: You will see a list of archives if you have done this step before. Always select the one at the top.
- On the upper right select ⋮ (three vertical dots) and choose Share. It will open a window. Select 'Get sharable link' on the top right.
- By default the option 'Anyone with the link can view' is selected, click the drop down and choose 'Anyone with the link can edit' then Copy Link.
- Return to the QuickBooks Self-Employed tab and go to the bottom part of the page.
- Paste the link on GOOGLE DRIVE URL, then set the date range, and then click Import.
- This window will show all of the trips available for import. After you reviewed everything select Import trips.
Note: Unchecked trips will not be imported.
- Once the upload is complete, you will get a prompt saying 'Your trips are in Quickbooks'. Select See your miles to go directly to your Miles section.