You can create your own one-click icon bar in QuickBooks Online for the things that you use most frequently. This method is known as the "One-click trick".
Things you should know:
- The "One-click trick" uses your browser's favourites/bookmarks bar to create the shortcut links.
- This method is not company or version specific, and can be used for any client that is open, with the following exceptions:
- Bookmark/favourite links to modules that are unique to a higher version of QBO will not open in lower versions.
- Icons created for specific registers will not work across different companies, unless the account has the same Name and Account Number in each company.
- This method works best in Google Chrome, as you can create a unique Chrome User in which to store your bookmarks. For instructions on how this is done, Click Here!
To create the One-click-trick icon bar
- Open your preferred browser.
Note: Google Chrome works best with this setup.
- Log into a QuickBooks Online company.
- Within the company, browser to the page/screen for which you wish to create an icon.
- Create the icon (bookmark/favourite).Select your browser for instructions:
- Repeat steps 3-4 for each page/screen you wish to add.
Note: This will result in an icon bar with direct links to pages you frequent.