Learn how to make shortcuts to web pages you use a lot.
In an effort to save time, you can create shortcuts to pages you frequently use.
Things you should know:
- Uses your browser's favourites/bookmarks bar to create the shortcut links.
- Works best in Google Chrome. You can store your bookmarks in Chrome. For instructions on how this is done, check out Google support.
- This method isn't company or version specific. It can be used for any client that's open, with the following exceptions:
- Links to modules that are unique to a higher version of QuickBooks Online won't open in lower versions.
- Icons created for specific registers won't work across different companies. Unless, the account has the same Name and Account Number in each company.
- Open your preferred browser. (Note: Google Chrome works best with this setup.)
Log into a QuickBooks Online company.
Within the company, browse to the page/screen for which you wish to create an icon.
- Create the icon (bookmark/favourite). Select your browser for instructions:
- Repeat steps 3 through 4 for each page/screen you wish to add.
Result: This will create direct shortcut links to pages you frequent.