Sometimes it may look like you have an overdue tax payment, even though you're sure that you're up to date. Don't worry! Here's what's happening:
- Whenever you mark an income transaction as 'Business', we use it to calculate your estimated taxes due.
- Whenever an income transaction is from a past quarter rather than the current quarter, it shows up in as overdue.
You can pay the overdue amount any time, or you can just roll it into your next payment.
Here are this year's estimated tax due dates for your reference:
- Q1 income received from January 1 to March 31: Estimated tax is due on April 17, 2018.
- Q2 income received from April 1 to May 31: Estimated tax is due on June 15, 2018.
- Q3 income received from June 1 to August 31: Estimated tax is due on September 17, 2018.
- Q4 income received from September 1 to December 31: Estimated tax is due on January 15, 2019.