When setting up integration between QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and QuickBooks Desktop, or when attempting to perform Financial Exchange with QuickBooks Desktop, you receive the following error:
Class not registered
This may be caused by some necessary QuickBooks Desktop files not being registered or installed properly. To resolve this issue:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, then restart your computer.
- Rename the common files folder for QuickBooks Desktop:
- Right-click the Windows Start button, then choose Explore (for Windows 7, choose Open Windows Explorer).
- Go to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit. To navigate, click the plus sign (+) or arrow next to each folder listed.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop folder, then select Rename.
- Add an X to the beginning of the folder name, then press Enter.
- Reinstall QuickBooks on the computer that hosts the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale server workstation.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.