After a financial exchange with QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, the activity log contains the message:
Receipt # "xxx" created on "date" has an unbalanced payment. Receipt "xxx" is skipped from processing.
This message is due to the following error:
- Use of line item discounts that create decimal quantities on sales receipts.
- There are decimal quantities on line items in conjunction with Global Discounts on sales receipts.
- A remote store sells items that don't have a quantity, creating negative quantity amounts.
For pre-existing transactions causing this issue, follow these steps:
- Locate and flag the reversing receipt based on the receipt number in the error as having been sent to QuickBooks Desktop:
- From the Point of Sale menu, select Sales History.
- Locate and select the receipt causing the error.
- Choose the I Want to drop-down, then select Show Financial Detail.
- In the Financial History screen, put a check mark on the Mark this document as successfully sent box, then select OK.
- Create a journal entry in QuickBooks Desktop using the appropriate accounts and amount to represent the receipt that was causing the error.