Learn how company contributions can be set up in Online Payroll.
You can set up company contributions to a retirement, medical, dental and/or vision plan. We'll show you how to set up company contributions in Intuit Online Payroll and QuickBooks Online Payroll.
Here's how to set up company contributions.
Intuit Online Payroll/Intuit Online Payroll for Accountants
- Select Employees. Then select the employee's name.
- In the Deduction and Contributions section, select Edit.
- Select Add a Company Contribution.
- On the drop down, select the existing contribution or New Contribution.
- For the Amount per period, select the drop down arrow. Then select $ amount or % of Disposable Income. Enter the amount or percentage rate.
- If using % of Disposable Income, only a single percentage can be used for a given company contribution.
- If you want to specify an annual maximum amount for company contributions, enter the dollar amount in the Annual Max field.
QuickBooks Online Payroll
From the left menu, select Workers, then Employee.
- Select the employee's name.
- Select the edit (pencil) icon beside Pay.
- Select the edit (pencil) icon in the Deduction section to add a new item.
- Select Deduction/contribution on the drop-down. Select the next drop-down. Then select the Contribution type. Provide the description you want to appear on the check.
- On the drop-down, select $ amount or % of gross pay. Enter the amount or percentage rate.
- If you want to specify an annual maximum amount for company contributions, enter the amount in the Annual Max field.
To update your export accounts (if you use our export to accounting software feature):
- Select Setup.
- Under the Export heading, select Preferences.
- Enter or select an Expense account for the new company contribution.