Learn how to change your bank account information in Online Payroll.
Do you have a new bank account? You'll need to change your company bank information on your payroll account. (You can only use one bank account for your direct deposit and electronic services.) We show you how.
Verify test transactions
When changing bank accounts, we'll verify your new account with a test transaction. A few things to know about test transactions before you get started.
- After changing your bank account information, a test transaction should appear in your bank statement in 2-3 business days.
- This amount should be a debit and credit of less than a $1.00.
- You can call your bank or check your bank statement online to verify the amount.
Change your bank account
Intuit Online Payroll/Intuit Online Payroll Accountants
There are two options for changing your bank account for Intuit Online Payroll/Accountant users.
- Select the Setup, then choose Update Electronic Services.
- Select Add / Edit Electronic Services.
- Select Continue until routed to add enter bank information page.
- Add your new bank account information, then Continue.
- Go through the service setup.
- Select Setup tab, then choose Direct Deposit.
- Select Edit, then enter new bank account information.
- Select OK.
QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Select the Gear icon, then choose Payroll Settings.
- Under Bank Accounts, select Company.
- Select Update.
- Select Connect using your routing and account numbers to enter new bank account information.
- Enter your new bank account information, then select Submit.
- We will need to verify your bank account by running test debit and a test credit for less than a dollar in 2-3 business days. Instructions will be sent via email or call Payroll Support for assistance. Select OK, got it to finish.
- After making the changes, update your bank account in the export preferences. This ensures the paychecks processed through the new bank account are properly listed in the correct check register.