You can use plain white paper to print pay stubs in QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks Desktop applies a default layout and format in terms of font that cannot be modified. When you print pay stubs on blank paper, the company name, address and phone number appear, at the top and bottom of the page.
You may also email the pay stubs from QuickBooks Desktop to your employees. Pay stubs are delivered as password-protected PDF attachments, which preserve the format and layout of the pay stub. To learn more, see Email pay stubs from QuickBooks Desktop . .
There are two methods of printing pay stubs from QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 1: Print Pay Stubs from QuickBooks Desktop File menu
Choose File > Print Forms > Pay Stubs.
- Select your payroll bank account and enter a date range that includes the pay date of the pay stub you want to print.
If you want to filter by one employee, next to Employee select the drop-down menu to choose the employee.
- Select in the column beside the date and select the pay stub(s) you want to print.
- If you want, select Preview to view the pay stub before you print it.
- To select the company and employee information that will be printed on the pay stub, select Preferences.
- If you would like to print a global message on each pay stub, enter text in the Company message to be printed on all pay stubs box.
Select Print. For information about the Print Pay stubs window, select the Help button.
Method 2: Print a Pay Stub from a paycheck
- Open the paycheck in QuickBooks Desktop.
Above the check, select the Print icon and choose Pay Stub.