You may want to temporarily turn off direct deposit for an employee to:
- Manually create a paper check for one payroll.
- Create a paper check for a bonus or commission.
To turn off direct deposit:
QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced/QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service
- Select Workers from the left panel.
- Select the Employees tab.
- Choose Run payroll.
- Select the direct deposit icon at the right of the employee's name.
- Select Paper check.
- Preview and submit the rest of your payroll as you normally would.
Intuit Online Payroll/Intuit Online Payroll for Accountants
- Select the Payday tab.
- If necessary, select the appropriate pay schedule.
- To the right of the employee name, select the Check Details icon.
- Uncheck Use direct deposit.
- Enter the employee's paycheck information.
- Select Create.
- Create and approve the rest of your payroll as you normally would.
Intuit Online Full Service Payroll
- Start running a payroll as you usually do.
- Select the direct deposit link next to the employee's name.
- Select Check in the Pay method field.
- Select Save.
- Finish payroll. Don't forget to print or write the paper check and give it to the employee.
- The employee's check won't be marked for direct deposit.
- You'll be asked to enter a check number before printing.
- If you want to make a permanent change to the employee's pay method, make the changes in the employee's profile settings.
If you have any questions about direct deposit, contact us.