You can remove all your data from QuickBooks Self-Employed and make a clean start at any time.
Important: Deleting an account permanently deletes all data associated with it including all transactions and any special calculations such as split percentages. You cannot undo this action.
Delete all your data from a web browser
If you've imported any CSV files, delete that data first:
- Select the Gear icon at the top.
- Select Imports.
- Select the bank name with imported .CSV files.
- When you see the list of imported files, select the trash icon to delete all the transactions imported with that file
To delete all the data from your connected accounts:
- Select the Gear icon at the top
- Select Bank Accounts
- Find the account you want to delete, then select the X at the top right corner
- Type "DELETE" to confirm that you really want to delete this account. (Once you delete it, there's no going back!)
- Select Delete to permanently delete the account
Delete all your data from the iOS app
- Tap the Gear icon.
- Tap Bank Accounts to pull up your list of connected banks.
- Tap the bank connection you wish to delete.
- Tap the Delete Bank option at the bottom of the bank details. You will receive a prompt to confirm.
Delete all your data from the Android app
- Tap Bank Accounts from the left menu to pull up your list of connected banks.
- Tap on the bank connection you wish to delete.
- Tap the Delete bank option from the drop-down menu beside the bank account. You will receive a prompt to confirm.
After deleting your accounts, you may still see non-zero numbers in the app. These are leftover projection numbers. If you decide to reconnect your accounts, these numbers will update automatically.