A Payroll Summary report includes:
- Employee wages, taxes, and adjustments
- Employee sick and vacation time
- Net Pay
- Employer taxes and contributions
Payroll Summary report is where you can check the current pays for a month, quarter or year when reconciling against pay stubs and payments to the government for tax on pays.
Note: The dates in this report are by paycheck dates only, not pay period dates.
What this report tells you
In the report, Gross Pay includes commission and additions such as bonuses or tips. Adjusted Gross Pay is gross pay minus any pre-tax deductions such as an employee contribution to a 401(k) plan. Net Pay is the amount paid to the employee after taxes, and after any adjustments for after-tax deductions (such as a loan payment) or additions (such as reimbursed travel expenses).
The Employer Taxes and Contributions section of the report shows amount accrued during the period covered by the report, regardless of whether your company paid them or not.
To create a payroll summary report:
- Go to the Reports menu, then select Employees & Payroll > Payroll Summary.
Set a date range.
- From the Dates drop-down list, select a date range, or
- In the From and To fields, enter a date range.
- Select Refresh.
To remove the Hours and/or Rate columns:
- Select Customize Report.
- Under the Display tab, clear the Hours and/or Rate checkboxes, then select OK.
Under the Filters tab, change the pay pay periods by selecting Pay Period Begin/End Date.
From the Print drop-down, choose Report to print the Payroll Summary.
- (Optional) Change the printer settings, then select Print.
To run a report for a specific employee:
- Go to the Employees menu, then select Employee Center.
- On the left side, select the employee you want to run the report for.
- At the upper right, select the report you would like to run:
- Payroll Summary
- Time Off
- Payroll Transaction Detail
- Enter the dates you need.
- Change printer settings, if necessary, then select Print.
To export a payroll summary report to Excel:
- Select the Excel drop-down arrow.
- Select Create New Worksheet or Update Existing Worksheet.
- If you select Update Existing Worksheet, select Browse to choose the workbook.
- Select Advanced. The Advanced Excel Options window opens.
- Unmark space between columns checkbox.
- Select OK, then choose Export.