Learn how to set a default date range in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
In QuickBooks Online Accountant you can set a default date range in your client's company file. Once set, all reports and tools (except Payroll) will open automatically to that date range, rather than to the client's default report settings.
|Note: To use this tool, you must be an Accountant user for the client company in which you're working in QuickBooks Online. See Invite an accountant to your QBO company.|
Set a default date range
To set your default Report Tools date range, follow these steps:
- From QuickBooks Online Accountant, select the client company from the Go to client's QuickBooks drop-down list on the Toolbelt.
- Select the Accountant Toolbox icon, located in the Accountant Toolbar.
- Select Reports Tools from the drop-down list.
- Use the options on the Report Tools page to select a default Date from the drop-down list, or specify the From and To dates for the date range of all reports and tools you open.
- (Optional) Select a default Basis (Cash or Accrual), if necessary.
Once you set a report date range, all reports and tools (except Payroll which is a separate product), will now default to these date settings.