The QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Mobile Sync feature gives you the power to make sales using your inventory on your mobile phone or tablet.This feature is available for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 12.0 and 18.0.
Why connect to your phone and/or tablet?
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Mobile Sync feature gives you the freedom to ring up credit card sales anywhere inside - or outside - of your store.
- With an Intuit Payments Account and our free GoPayment* app, you can make payments anywhere, anytime.
- Start accepting payments instantly. Simply activate your payments account and you are ready to go. No application required.
- All sales and inventory information instantly syncs with your Point of Sale software so your records are always accurate and up-to-date.
- The Sync feature automatically records new payments as QuickBooks Point of Sale Sales Receipts.
- Never miss a sale whether you are on the road, at a conference, or working a convention.
- Long lines at the store? Provide the best in customer service by completing sales on the spot.
- If you are a QuickBooks Desktop user, all your information automatically syncs with your QuickBooks Desktop financial program. No more entry errors from re-keying data. Plus, you'll have everything ready for tax time.
Note: Intuit values your privacy and the security of your information. When using the Mobile Sync feature, your data is safely stored and securely transmitted through our servers directly to and from your mobile device. Intuit adheres to rigorous banking industry protection standards for secure data transmission.
*Requires an Intuit Payments Account, as well as a supported mobile device.
Activate Mobile Sync in Point of Sale
- Click Sign into for your Intuit Payments Account.
- If you have multiple accounts, click Select on the account you wish to use.
- Once complete, click the Cloud icon near the top right of your screen.
- Select View Sync Preferences where:
- Mobile sync can be turned on or off.
- Increase or decrease sync frequency.
- Select Sync Data and then Save.
Note: You can also perform a manual sync which transfers more items or receipts, by clicking the Cloud icon in the upper right hand corner of your Point of Sale software at any time. The sync process cannot be initiated from the mobile device.
Sync specific inventory items to your mobile device
- From the Item List, select the item you wish to sell in GoPayment
- Click Edit > within the More Info widget, click the Sync to Mobile checkbox.
- Select Save.
Sync departments to your mobile device
Departments are designed to sync with mobile if you have an item within said department selected to sync.
Note: If a department is not able to sync from QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale or you receive the error "Error syncing department to Mobile Sync: Name: , ID:, Error: A general system error occurred while processing the request. 'Name' with value 'null' is rejected", follow the steps provided.
- In Point of Sale, click on Inventory > Department List.
- From the Department columns, click Department tab to sort the department names in order.
- Rename or edit the department name if needed.
- Complete the mobile sync.
Complete the sync
- From your mobile device, click the GoPayment app.
- Launch the GoPayment app and sign in to your QuickBooks Payments Account.
- Open the menu and select Settings.
- Under Sync Settings, click Sync Items