From ViewMyPaycheck (VMP) to QuickBooks Workforce (QB Workforce)
QuickBooks Workforce is a website (https://paychecks.intuit.com) that makes it easy for employers to give employees 24/7 online access to their own paycheck info. No more printing and mailing pay stubs every pay day or replacing lost or damaged pay stubs. Employees can simply sign in to their QuickBooks Workforce account and see any current or prior pay stubs.
Here's an example of what employees will see:
- New QuickBooks Workforce experience: Summer 2018
- Understanding the basics
- Signing up & Signing in to QuickBooks Workforce
- Working in QuickBooks Workforce
- Getting help
- Contact us
These FAQs are for employers using QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced or Full Service.
Why are you changing the way QuickBooks Workforce looks?
This change paves the way for us to implement improvements to ViewMyPaycheck that we heard loud and clear within the feedback entered by employers and employees. We know that any change can be surprising, but we’ve done our best to make the new experience as intuitive and seamless as possible.
Has anything besides the look of QuickBooks Workforce changed?
No. Paychecks and the most recent W-2 form will still be visible in QuickBooks Workforce as they are today. To ensure we match the employee with the correct payroll information, employees will still need to provide their Social Security Number and the net pay of their most recent paycheck when accessing QuickBooks Workforce for the first time, or from a new browser. Employees with multiple employers will still be able to add additional employers to the new QuickBooks Workforce .
Is there a demo of the new experience so I can see what my employees will see?
We are working to build a demo of the new experience that both employees and employers can view to familiarize themselves with the new experience. In the meantime, there are images available within this article that may help introduce you to the new view.
What if there are paychecks or W-2 forms that do not appear for Employees in QuickBooks Workforce ?
As with the current QuickBooks Workforce experience, only paychecks and W-2 forms created with an active subscription to QuickBooks Online Payroll or QuickBooks Online Full Service Payroll will be visible in QuickBooks Workforce . Employees may need to confirm with the employer that their paychecks or W-2 forms were created and still exist (were not deleted) in QuickBooks Online.
How will employers and employees receive support for questions about QuickBooks Workforce ?
The support processes will remain the same as they are today: Employees will continue to receive support via chat from within the QuickBooks Workforce site. Employers may either utilize the chat option, or may contact Payroll Support via phone for their product.
What if I would like to see more than what QuickBooks Workforce shows today?
We would love to hear from employers and employees! Employers should provide feedback from within QuickBooks Online by clicking the Gear Icon, and selecting Feedback. Be sure to tell us that your feedback is for QuickBooks Workforce specifically. Employees will login to QuickBooks Workforce and click the Feedback Icon in the top right corner of the window.
Existing QuickBooks Workforce Experience
How does it work?
What are the browser or system requirements?
QuickBooks Workforce works best in the following browsers
- Internet Explorer (IE) 11 or later
How much does QuickBooks Workforce cost?
Is there a mobile app for QuickBooks Workforce?
How do I sign up for QuickBooks Workforce?
Before you sign up:
- Check with your employer to see if QuickBooks Workforce is available for your company.
Make sure you have your Social Security number (SSN) handy and the net amount of your last paycheck issued by the company. The net amount is your take-home pay. We'll need this info to verify who you are and match you with the correct company and paycheck info.
To sign up:
- Go to QuickBooks Workforce (https://paychecks.intuit.com/).
- Click Sign Up.
Sign up for an Intuit account. An Intuit account allows you to access multiple sites and products with one user ID and password.You'll be asked to provide an email address, a password, and a security question and answer, in case you need to recover your password.Note: If you already use an Intuit product, such as TurboTax, then you may already have an Intuit account. If you already have one, we'll prompt you to use that account to sign up for QuickBooks Workforce.
- Enter your SSN and the net pay amount from your last paycheck issued by the company and then click All Done!
How do I set up QuickBooks Workforce for my employees?
To do so:
- Run at least one payroll.
- Let your employees know they can access their paychecks online and send them these sign-up instructions (PDF).
Do I need to sign in with my Intuit account?
Why am I asked to confirm my account information?
Are there printable sign-up instructions for employees?
To access these instructions from your account:
- Go to your employee's profile.
- To the right of the Email field, click Learn about QuickBooks Workforce. If you don't see the link, simply click the help icon (?) on the top right and enter "QuickBooks Workforce" into the search. The first article to appear is the same article linked to the Email field.
- Click Send this email and an email template will open in your default email program. Update the email address and text as needed. Then, send!
How do I set up my QuickBooks Workforce account to see pay stubs from another company?
What can I do in QuickBooks Workforce?
- QuickBooks Workforce itemizes current and year-to-date earnings and deductions so you always know how your paycheck was calculated and where your money is going.
- Need a printed copy of your pay stub? No problem. Click Save As PDF to save a PDF copy of it to your computer and then print it for your records.
- If you want to be notified any time a new pay stub is uploaded to QuickBooks Workforce, go to Preferences and click the Send me an email when new pay stubs are available checkbox.
The QuickBooks Workforce Admin dashboard has been disabled so employers can no longer set preferences for their employees. Employers can NO longer:
- Show or hide paychecks that dated in the future.
- Prevent employees from using QuickBooks Workforce to view their paychecks online.
- Invite others as QuickBooks Workforce administrators for your company.
How do I get paycheck info from QuickBooks to QuickBooks Workforce ?
Can employees view paychecks from more than one company?
- Sign in to QuickBooks Workforce.
- Select the drop-down arrow in the upper-right corner which displays the company name another company.
- Enter your SSN and the net pay amount from your last paycheck issued by the company.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to add the company to QuickBooks Workforce .
Can I turn email notifications on or off?
Turn the email notification on/off by toggling the checkbox Send me an email when new pay stub are available.
Are my employees able to use QuickBooks Workforce if my payroll account is canceled?
What if employees have questions about paycheck amounts or calculations
To access help and live chat, select the question mark icons (?) available on QuickBooks Workforce website. Agents via live chat are available Monday through Friday, 6:00am-6:00pm PT.