Many self-employed people have a tough time with taxes.
Why is it tough?
Today, many self-employed individuals struggle with tracking income and expenses associated with their work. Unfortunately, this turns tax time into an anxiety-filled moment, which leads some of these consumers to seek the help of a professional.
For an accountant, serving the tax needs of these self-employed consumers can be time consuming. The lack of organization leads to higher tax preparation fees, which in turn makes the self-employed individual uncertain as to whether they can use an accountant. It also makes the accountant apprehensive at doing this type of work given the lack of "Return on Investment".
What are the benefits?
QuickBooks Self-Employed is the fast, easy way for self-employed clients to track their business income and spending all year long, and allows for their accountant to serve their tax needs with greater ease.
- Integration with QuickBooks Online Accountant
- Access to the Accountant specific tools to help you manage your clients' financial data
For your clients:
- Organize your business spending
- Get your estimated tax payments calculated for you
- Put your expenses into the correct Schedule C categories
- Export your records to an easy-to-read Schedule C
- Maximize your business deductions
- Claim a mileage deduction by tracking business miles you drive
- Help you figure out your business profit
- Connect to TurboTax for fast year-end filing
For more information on QuickBooks Self-Employed, refer to the QB Self-Employed knowledge base.